Revenge of the Creature 1955 GIM Cinema Edition Treatment
(Feb 11, 2021, 23:02 pm)RowsdowerRevenge Wrote: Its a Disc Image from the Bluray release that has both films

Gor.1987.Outlaw.of.Gor.1988.MULTi.COMPLETE.BLURAY-OLDHAM

I'd have to encode it for you with Handbreak in order to upload it. Could do 1080p or 720p. If you have any suggestions I'm open.

If you have a guide to extract the full unencoded file I could do that too.

ANY quality better than the VHS (320/240) version I got will work!  Thank you!

(Feb 12, 2021, 01:26 am)kkt Wrote: if it helps, I found these english subtitles and cleaned 'em up a bit:

https://mega.nz/file/NR8ihQYY#dkAzGW1Ulj...nvXWGRIXZo

GOT it.  Thank you! I'll add to the final product!
Cool, I will encode and upload. Will post here when finished! Thank u

Edit: Here is a giant 10 gig REMUX. I definitely overdid it considering its just a 576p on a Bluray. But I think its best to have the ideal RAW before you do your encoding. Also sorry about the .m4v I missed that when selecting encoding options.

Outlaw of Gor UNRIFFED
(Feb 15, 2021, 16:04 pm)RowsdowerRevenge Wrote: Cool, I will encode and upload. Will post here when finished! Thank u

Edit: Here is a giant 10 gig REMUX. I definitely overdid it considering its just a 576p on a Bluray. But I think its best to have the ideal RAW before you do your encoding. Also sorry about the .m4v I missed that when selecting encoding options.

Outlaw of Gor UNRIFFED

This IS better than the copy I have... I was also considering putting this copy through Topaz Video Enhancer AI on the MBP M1... it may be able to clean it up a bit and sharpen the video... I have read that people have had luck with the low quality filters for VHS quality to regular 720p HD.  Would be nice to have as watching some of these older VHS quality riffs are NOT easy on the eyes!

Thanks a TON!  you rock!
I appreciate your kind words. And I thank you for editing in the sound.

Ive seen some Animation enhanced with Topaz and it was quite spectacular. It may be worth a shot.
(Feb 16, 2021, 06:53 am)RowsdowerRevenge Wrote: I appreciate your kind words. And I thank you for editing in the sound.

Ive seen some Animation enhanced with Topaz and it was quite spectacular. It may be worth a shot.

So.. while it was a decent 16:9 format at low Rez  that was recorded from what appeared to be VHS... I was able to cut up the segments of the video and wash it through iMovie to get a better brightness and contrast with the different scenes... I also reset the white point and skin tones in several scenes to lighten up the darker scenes while keeping the desert and other outdoor scenes normal without looking totally washed out. I also scaled back a bit on the color saturation as VHS colors tend to bleed... so that may help in the ‘crispness’ of the new edit. It’s now in Topaz with a very low AI filter to clean up the grain and sharpen the edges. We’ll see what it looks like in about 18 hours. After that, I’ll throw it back into iMovie for the audio syncing.  Once syncing is complete, I’ll throw it into Handbrake to compress it into .H265 and add the subtitles. I’ll try to keep the final product under 2 gigs. 

For those of you about to bash iMovie, I spoke at length with a professional photographer buddy of mine that also does video... he mentioned that while iMovie does not have some of the details that Premiere has, it’s currently far more powerful that it’s predecessors and for what I’m doing with old movies... it’s actually a perfect match.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Angels' Revenge 720p_Norm_prob3. Handy 0 1,508 Dec 29, 2023, 16:12 pm
Last Post: Handy
  MST3K Cinema Editions "Where are they Now?" Sampo! 4 2,443 Dec 06, 2023, 21:38 pm
Last Post: Sampo!
  Revenge of the Creature - a history Hum-da-dee-dee-dee-Hua-Hua 4 4,587 Jun 04, 2023, 17:06 pm
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  A Tribute to Pinocchio, from this year's On Cinema at the Cinema Oscar special sarlacc222 7 6,121 Mar 30, 2023, 14:27 pm
Last Post: moondoggy1111
  (REQ) Maximum Revenge MATMAN 14 22,564 Mar 28, 2023, 11:21 am
Last Post: ZapmeRowsdower