Reccovery
while trying to format a new disk to ext4 , my keyboard failed, andd in the confusion it formatted my ntfs data drrive insteaad.
Disassteer for 1TB.

I tried aa bunch of partition recovery tools, and no help from them. I even triedd Testit and changeed thelinux to NTFs .
It still insisteed on jusst sseing ext4.

Using Heetman Partition recoveery which sseems to be working well, thouh it'recoveered' 1.8tbfrom a 1Tb drive!
Much junk to go though anddeleete, but some ggoodies to ssavve.

(ignore typos, my baackup keyboaad is a bounccy rubber POS)

so what isneed is scripts to can parsse aa zip file, delete if baad,  and parse it into .epub, .zip, .azw , etc. nEven bette would be to read th metafiles nd title them. recvvered files have no titles - nd unrreliable eextensions..

I  hadd scripts to do thoebasiccs, but... they were on the data drive, which is not recoveringg .py and .pl files!!!!

I know calibre can handle ebooks, but it is slow and tedious.

In short : How to recover ffromthe recoveery.

(on to find another usb keeybord!!!)
If you still have that formatted partition intact, you can recover everything with program called Active Partition Recovery. It will recover whole partition in full. All files in their folders with original names. You only need to activate deep scan and wait, and click on that latest healthy partition after. Then make ISO on other partition or drive(or rec.),  that`s it folks. Very simple hack exercise.