Ransomware
Hi all, have joined the Forum to let you know, if you may not know all ready, that a poster who goes by the name of BabuPc always seems to have the latest versions of a software when no one else does. But if you download his post you will get Ransomware, well I did.
Perhaps The Pirate Bay need to check this out, I may be wrong but its what happened to me when I did the above, luckily I don't store anything of value on my PC, so I reinstalled the OS.
Apologies to BabuPC if I'm wrong, but I thought I should mention it, and ty Pirate Bay for all your work, Rock on :-)).
Can you give us the link for the download that you got that made your computer get Ransomware?
Hi, I was looking for the latest version of Marvellous designer, he had the only post with v12. Sorry, its spelt with only one l Marvelous to one l, that's how its spelt in the software.
1. There's a proper place to report bad torrents / bad uploaders. Please check FAQ.
2. Babu, Baidu, EmuChina, IGG games, AliExpress, Wish... High risk. Please avoid traps, dicey or just "slightly not so sure" stuff.
3. Take care. Use a hardened system and sandbox, multi-level off-line backup, paranoid schizophrenic security.

And if you, like me, enjoy a bunch of crazy downloads (including Windows Black Editions or DLL-Files.com), don't use same system for serious stuff vs browsing / downloading.
What is trustworthy nowadays?
(Apr 24, 2023, 01:29 am)RobertX Wrote: What is trustworthy nowadays?

Trusty? Me.
Reliable? Not much.
Dependable? Not me.

Not what you asked, but, Btw: Abominable: DRM, bloat, privacy violation, making choices for us, sucking our lives.
I think that's a good question.