(REQ) Lycan Colony
Thank you blurg and thank you kitcastuff!!!!
Thanks very much, dudes. It is much appreciated.
(Aug 07, 2020, 15:15 pm)CountMeowt Wrote:
(Aug 07, 2020, 14:30 pm)Mayonnaise1 Wrote: Lycan Colony was a Spotlight episode of Red Letter Media - as was Suburban Sasquatch.

Guess we know where Rifftrax are getting their ideas.....

I actually asked Conor and Sean which one of them was a RLM fan after they released Suburban Sasquatch and basically both gave me a non-answer. I had to delete my profile therefore I unfortunately lost their tweets but basically Conor said something like "I'm sure they [the RLM guys] might be great but we have 'different sources'"  Huh Huh 
What's next ?  ? Hollywood Cop ? Petey Wheastraw ? Twister Revenge ?

I'm hoping for Partners and the Don Beverage Customerization Seminar. And "different sources"??? Do they think that You Tube shows have to license movies for their shows? Someone just mailed Lycan Colony to RLM.

Quote: I think there are companies that buy up rights to this kind of low-budget stuff to sell in those massive multi-movie packs in discount bins at walmart and such.

Lycan Colony is out of print. Suburban Sasquatch is licensed by Brain Damage Films - not a discount bin type company
Thank you!
(Aug 07, 2020, 15:27 pm)blurg Wrote: It's possible they are just getting stuff from the same sources. I think there are companies that buy up rights to this kind of low-budget stuff to sell in those massive multi-movie packs in discount bins at walmart and such.
I totally agree. Some years back I got a 200 movie (50 discs, all double sided with 2 movies on each side) "box" set, just a cheap cardboard container with the discs in envelopes and no information about the films besides the titles on the back of the box with the year released. The price? A whopping $7.99. And lurking inside is Lycan Colony! The collection was packaged in 2010. Pretty much all disposable films so I'm pretty sure there are no rights involved, at least at that time. And thanks to you and kitcastuff for the riff, even though I've owned the film for a decade this will be the first time watching it.
I will also echo the thanks for this. And I'll also admit I'm loving the RLM/Rifftrax connections. The RLM episodes that cover movies that Rifftrax eventually does is like a pretty fun preview of what's to come. Even if it's just coincidence, I hope it keeps going.
This movie confused my cat, twice.
(Aug 07, 2020, 19:21 pm)Mayonnaise1 Wrote: Lycan Colony is out of print. Suburban Sasquatch is licensed by Brain Damage Films - not a discount bin type company

A) Both are out of print on DVD. It's DVD. No one cares about physical media anymore. Both are available to stream.

B) Cinema Epoch is handling the streaming distribution of Lycan Colony for Wits'-End.

All Channel Films administers the streaming rights to Suburban Sasquatch and they're a distribution company for a variety of smaller companies, a good portion of which is bargain-bin garbage like Vista Street, or crap like Monarch Films, or... Hmm. Cinema Epoch. Looks like Rifftrax might just be going through All Channel Films to license limited streaming/download rights for a variety of low budget movies from a wide swathe of independent film production companies. Most networks seem to go through them for VOD rights, so it's highly likely.
Wow. Crazy bad movie. One hell of a rifftrax.

Of course, thanks also to Blurg and Kitcastuff.
Blurg and Kitcastuff...thanks to you both!! And Mayonnaise1, I for one would welcome Rifftrax pushing the Whopper Button, hahaha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lycan Colony (2006) [Uncut] [Unriffed] [+Director's Commentary] kkt 2 6,803 Mar 19, 2021, 21:53 pm
Last Post: knowMATTER