Purchasing Handheld Consoles
I'm debating which to purchase. There is the PSP 3000, PSP Go, PS Vita, and Nintendo 2D's. Let me explain why I want to buy these outdated systems. First off, I am on a budget. Second, I want to play these games as I go. Third, I don't know which to pick seeing that I am confused which games can be played. 

For example, can the PS Vita play all the previous PlayStation games and PSP games? Like all in one? And between the PSP 3000 and PSP Go, (same question) which would be best and can play all the PlayStation games and PSP games? 

As for the Nintendo 2D's, (I know the 3D's XL is much better) can it play all the old and current games such as SNES, N64, etc? 

I do know about emulators. I know how to work them on my laptop. I just want to get a handheld console as I said so that I can carry with me. 

Thanks in advance 
Then put them in a laptop and carry that with you. Smile

Anyway, I would think a PS Vita or a 3DS would be pretty pricey. I'd stick to the inferior models if you want to save money. Besides, the inferior models are easier to pirate.
Your best bet would be a PSP/PS VITA, they're great homebrew wise. Don't get a 2DS, it's shit.

It really does depend of what games you're looking to primarily play, if you like Nintendo's mascots (Mario, Link, etc.), than get a 3DS, they're cheap and the homebrew evolution is really coming along nicely.

The PS Vita is dirt cheap, and with the huge PS1/PSP/PS Vita library, along with the many homebrew games and some emulators that can play SNES/NES/N64 games, it's a no-brainier.
Do NOT get a PSP Go. It is basically a PSP Light. You can only play downloaded games, so your UMDs would still be useless, even though it is the same system. The Vita has better capabilities, new games are coming out for it (while the PSP doesn't have many more games coming out this year), and it has trophies (for Vita games).
Plus, you can get PS + for Vita and get 6 free games right from the start.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Gaming Consoles Do You Own? lustrous 4 2,072 Mar 17, 2024, 09:10 am
Last Post: tokyorof
  Nintendo Bricks Wii U Consoles Unless Owners Agree To New EULA Mike 0 11,570 Oct 17, 2014, 01:39 am
Last Post: Mike