Poll: Are you interested in partcipating in the creation of this collection?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, able and willing.
0%
0 0%
Interested idea but not down-to-...work
0%
0 0%
meeh not reed
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Project proposal: The Library of Prometheus
Greetings fellow earthlings,

in my mind an idea has rattled for the longest time - can you kick start (verb) knowledge in our digital age we find ourselves in? Can the relevant information be condensed and available in a package which if consumed would impart the individual with the knowledge to tackle the life with a solid understanding of the natural world and armed with the critical thinking to successfully navigate the human one? Libraries have in past existed as repositories of knowledge to be protected ( clerical libraries of private collections) or available en-masse ( public libraries and universities) behind a small donation.

As the scope of materials available to us nowadays boggle the mind I propose a small project to catalyze the neurons and provide a strong foundation for a knowledgeable citizen and only at the cost of the movable  electrons.

What would this package entail?

For the first run  I would propose a collection on 10 books on the select categories:

Physics

Chemistry

Math

Philosophy

Law

History

Economics

Computer Science

Psychology

Sociology

Each section would comprise of digital written materials like textbooks, books or other relevant materials in the style of it ( knowledge foundation, exploration of new ideas, critics ).
The final package offered a torrent download, of course.

Would anyone be willing to participate ( research, section moderation, torrent packaging )?

I welcome your ideas, proposals, critics or in the worst case...emojis.

Regards,
a fellow human.
I'll give this a few more days before I look for kindred spirits elsewhere.
Zero fucks given. Acknowledged.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question about Library Genesis Cooltwou76 10 1,762 Feb 24, 2024, 14:37 pm
Last Post: Cooltwou76
  Do you still go to the library? Xern0n 54 153,189 Feb 13, 2021, 06:30 am
Last Post: deadplant
  How to download books from Open Library / Internet Archive workerbee 18 52,240 Sep 28, 2020, 05:45 am
Last Post: workerbee
  Pearson digital library? Naruto_fox 1 16,942 Jun 05, 2018, 23:55 pm
Last Post: shirepirate
  I have a question about box series found on Library Genesis cooltwou 3 19,074 Nov 07, 2017, 10:52 am
Last Post: SectorVector