Popular Torrent Sites Block YTS.ag and YIFY Impostors
OK, you got me, every genuine yify torrent uploaded by someone other than yify wasn't always called out. It's still the best explanation I've got; not that it really matters as long as nobody is being fooled.

It depends what you mean by "go well"? Do you want popular acclaim or critical success? Neither is inherently better, but it is almost impossible to have both. You just have to decide whether you want to be loved by the hoi polloi or the cognoscenti.

You will get haters (and fans) no matter what you do. x265 torrents will be downloaded less overall at this point compared to contemporary releases; but the new standard will increase in popularity at a faster rate than x264 or Xvid/DivX will. If you choose x265 then by the time "the masses" come around you will have encoding experience, a lengthy and perhaps sizable back catalog, and an established name. But that will be several years away and your interest may have waned by then.
In my opinion, we shouldn't care who uploads and what uploads. If the upload is fake, we kill/ban. If it's good, the source doesn't really matter.
(Nov 30, 2015, 19:30 pm) pid=\125284' Wrote:OK, you got me, every genuine yify torrent uploaded by someone other than yify wasn't always called out. It's still the best explanation I've got; not that it really matters as long as nobody is being fooled.

It depends what you mean by "go well"? Do you want popular acclaim or critical success? Neither is inherently better, but it is almost impossible to have both. You just have to decide whether you want to be loved by the hoi polloi or the cognoscenti.

You will get haters (and fans) no matter what you do. x265 torrents will be downloaded less overall at this point compared to contemporary releases; but the new standard will increase in popularity at a faster rate than x264 or Xvid/DivX will. If you choose x265 then by the time "the masses" come around you will have encoding experience, a lengthy and perhaps sizable back catalog, and an established name. But that will be several years away and your interest may have waned by then.

Damn good point Big Grin Didn't think of it like that. Thanks Smile
(Nov 30, 2015, 20:46 pm)dolly_cat Wrote: In my opinion, we shouldn't care who uploads and what uploads. If the upload is fake, we kill/ban. If it's good, the source doesn't really matter.

It doesn't make any sense to not care who uploads.

A given uploader (at least any successful uploader) uploads a consistent product. That is the reason YIFY was so popular. People who downloaded a single YIFY torrent, and found the quality and filesize acceptable knew without having to think about it that any future torrents they downloaded from YIFY would be equally acceptable.

That is the thing that so many uploaders fail to understand, as do all the twats who endlessly rail against uploaders who are popular but not perfect (and NOBODY is perfect). The key to success has nothing to do with any particular filesize, or quality, or codec, or torrent description, or anything else but consistency. You should definitely note who you download from so that if you like what you get you can go back for more of the same.
Oh.. I was referring only to quality...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 10 Most Popular Torrent Sites of 2020 Ernesto 12 87,888 Aug 01, 2022, 13:51 pm
Last Post: ore4444
  Top 10 Most Popular Torrent Sites of 2019 Ernesto 5 64,164 Nov 26, 2019, 12:22 pm
Last Post: anrew8
  12,564 Sites Preemptively Blocked to Protect India’s Most Expensive Movie Ernesto 1 39,731 Nov 29, 2018, 17:30 pm
Last Post: dueda
  ISP Shows How to Unblock The Pirate Bay (and Other Sites) Ernesto 3 39,208 Nov 22, 2018, 11:43 am
Last Post: analogkid6103
  Are Cryptocurrency Miners The Future for Pirate Sites? Ernesto 20 77,879 Jul 08, 2018, 16:38 pm
Last Post: BigNoise