Police Shoot Homeless Man Camping In Albuquerque (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
Better get used to.

Because the police and governments are only going to continue to get more powerful and their choices for weapons is only going to continue to increase expotentially. So it's obvisouly a situation of "Adapt or Die".

And if you don't like the situation just remember that society brought this upon itself.
(Apr 06, 2014, 23:59 pm)SteRipper Wrote: All this guy wanted was a good night's sleep, and ended up dead.
It's not right at all.

i really hate defending cops... so, here are some facts:

the video -- from start to finish -- was released in it's entirety (from when the camera guy showed up) by the apd.

the standoff between boyd and the apd lasted more than three hours in which time a crisis interventionist from apd and someone called a 'liaison' from the state police both attempted to talk boyd into standing down.

during the three+ hour stand off, boyd -- who had a violent criminal history spanning more than 20 years include violent confrontations with police -- claimed to be a federal agent and made several death threats towards the officers when they tried to frisk him.

in the 'short' clip of the video posted by op, after all the less than lethal weapons are used, you see a brown blur and a man run towards boyd...the fatal shots are fired shortly after as boyd after he pulls out two knives and turns his attention to the police dog and it's handler.

albuquerque is not like most cities in that it encourages it's people to get involved and has been making impressive strides towards becoming more transparent (probably because of a federal investigation into police activities that began more than a year ago) despite being a place where they had to establish a 'repeat offender team' in addition to a swat team.

so... while still safer than detroit, it's not by much.

anyway, i'm just glad the dog is ok.
(Apr 07, 2014, 03:12 am)stormium Wrote:
(Apr 06, 2014, 23:59 pm)SteRipper Wrote: All this guy wanted was a good night's sleep, and ended up dead.
It's not right at all.

i really hate defending cops... so, here are some facts:

the video -- from start to finish -- was released in it's entirety (from when the camera guy showed up) by the apd.

the standoff between boyd and the apd lasted more than three hours in which time a crisis interventionist from apd and someone called a 'liaison' from the state police both attempted to talk boyd into standing down.

during the three+ hour stand off, boyd -- who had a violent criminal history spanning more than 20 years include violent confrontations with police -- claimed to be a federal agent and made several death threats towards the officers when they tried to frisk him.

in the 'short' clip of the video posted by op, after all the less than lethal weapons are used, you see a brown blur and a man run towards boyd...the fatal shots are fired shortly after as boyd after he pulls out two knives and turns his attention to the police dog and it's handler.

albuquerque is not like most cities in that it encourages it's people to get involved and has been making impressive strides towards becoming more transparent (probably because of a federal investigation into police activities that began more than a year ago) despite being a place where they had to establish a 'repeat offender team' in addition to a swat team.

[spoiler=just so you can get an idea of what albuquerque is like]
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nm/albuquerque/crime/

just in case you wanted to compare it to some other cities:
so... while still safer than detroit, it's not by much.

anyway, i'm just glad the dog is ok.

Unless I'm missing something from the story...
The point is that the man was in the middle of nowhere minding his own business. So why were the poilce even there in the first place? Illegal camping??

If that's the case than do we no longer even have the right to go off into the woods/desert and be left the hell alone?

Personally I expect at the most basic and fundamental levels to be able to enjoy the right to be left alone as long as I'm not hurting or bothering anyone. And I'm sorry but in that video the only thing I see is 1 man and his dog surrounded by several police officers in the middle of nowhere. So give me a good reason why the police were there and my opinion will change.
yes, the man was illegally camping in an open space area that was set aside for protection and conservation and doesn't contain any public facilities other than trails... which is very different from a state or national park in which camping may be permitted in certain areas.

what you see in the video is one man surrounded by several police officers and their dog.

so, the reason why the police were there is because someone noticed this guy camping where he wasn't supposed to be camping and notified the police.
(Apr 07, 2014, 03:12 am)stormium Wrote: i really hate defending cops... so, here are some facts:

You are defending an execution that has no rational defence so good luck with that.
the rational defense is that there was police officer within striking distance both knives that boyd pulled from his person when the other officers fired on him. a police officer can use lethal force to protect themselves and others when they perceive a need to do so; that's the law.
(Apr 07, 2014, 06:42 am)stormium Wrote: the rational defense is that there was police officer within striking distance both knives that boyd pulled from his person when the other officers fired on him. a police officer can use lethal force to protect themselves and others when they perceive a need to do so; that's the law.

That's bullshit, we have all watched the video of the man walking away then being gunned down by a machine gun, the fact that you freely admit he had a knife and was then executed by a gun shows a disproportionate use of force and the correct course of action would have been to use the dog or the bean bag rounds first rather than after the execution.

It is not rational to shoot a man in the back for simply holding a knife when he was walking away form the officers.
(Apr 07, 2014, 06:47 am)Kingfish Wrote: It is not rational to shoot a man in the back for simply holding a knife when he was walking away form the officers.

no
in matter of fact is very rational that the officer is having too much incompetence of judging critical situation and lack of ability to response in what manner that situation have to be dealt with.
question is..do you will trust your public safety and order to that kind of person?
(Apr 07, 2014, 07:16 am)Picklock Wrote: no
in matter of fact is very rational that the officer is having too much incompetence of judging critical situation and lack of ability to response in what manner that situation have to be dealt with.
question is..do you will trust your public safety and order to that kind of person?

We can all watch the video and we can all see the man walking away and being shot in the back and that is not rational especially given they had dogs and non lethal rounds with them that for some reason they decided would be better used once he was dead.
(Apr 07, 2014, 07:22 am)Kingfish Wrote:
(Apr 07, 2014, 07:16 am)Picklock Wrote: no

We can all watch the video and we can all see the man walking away and being shot in the back and that is not rational especially given they had dogs and non lethal rounds with them that for some reason they decided would be better used once he was dead.

well for some reason there's "speculations" that the officer is saw that situations as "lethal" and need some "urgent and extreme" counter measures..
I don't know, maybe that officer thinks that boyd dudes is walking away on his back can suddenly turns back and unleash a massive malicious Death Ray power blast from his penis and can cause a massive casualties so it's need to be taken down immediately.

and aiming the legs or another non organs that can give non fatal wounds in order to immobilize him is proved to be harder than just hit to kill
in other words..bad aims

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I used handbrake to turn a 11 gig video to a 3 gig video BUT... LadyAnn2 6 13,081 Aug 31, 2021, 23:32 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  NEWS Naked Ukrainian Man & His Severed Head CheGuevera 1 11,009 Feb 07, 2021, 06:29 am
Last Post: dueda
  Georgia man arrested in FBI sting for allegedly plotting to attack White House with r Kotter 3 13,477 Jan 18, 2019, 19:20 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Police Shut Down France’s Largest Pirate Site Ernesto 0 12,326 Nov 29, 2016, 11:20 am
Last Post: Ernesto
  Italy Police took action against illegal streaming sites taniakiara 1 12,818 Jun 07, 2016, 18:45 pm
Last Post: gh0ster