Pirating Windows
Just a few questions:

1. Do you pirate Windows?
2. Do you recommend pirating Windows in 2019?
No and No Robert.

The reason I've said No and No is because of UEFI...

I run my machines on UEFI here and they boot very fast from a SSD.  I just like my Windows to be speedy and come on when I want it.

I find that from using UEFI and Windows 10 my machines are very fast.
I'm still using a 2012 notebook, so far not forced to adopt it. When it happens, I suppose WinTen will come built in.
Would I pirate it for a new, home-made build? Oh yeah, just for fun. I'd probably install Linux as native system then emulate a PiraTen system.
I ask because I've been using and relying on pirated Windows for decades, and it's not going to end soon although my GNU/Linux OS use is on the rise.

I know, it's "wrong," it has viruses, but hey, I've never had to wrestle with those issues because I have something called common sense. I can't give you a straight answer about using it or not using it, though I do hope that I won't need it one day.

I am impressed with what Linux Mint has done for me so far, so I am hoping that I can use it more and more and convince my mother to follow suit.

Can tomorrow be that day?
I have been known to wipe 'legitimate' copies of Win and install my favorite warez versions. eXperience and ROG come to mind. Some may try some shady shit like phoning home, but a basic packet sniffer and modding a hosts file will usually fix that. The M$ spying bypasses hosts.

I really like Mint and ran LMDE Betsy for my 32 bit sustem, but when that died and I switched to 64, I heard that Clem said LMDE3 was going to be infected with systemd. So I went with straight Debian, as its more amenable to cutting edge with SID. I have castrated most of systemd.

Normal Mint is Ubuntu, and I have some issues with Canonical, mainly its slipshod quality control.
1. I used to, but since you can buy a OEM license for 3/6 euro's on websites like https://www.cdkeynl.nl/ i switched to an "legal" copy.

2. Same answer as above.
(Oct 26, 2019, 19:31 pm)RobertX Wrote: Just a few questions:

1. Do you pirate Windows?
2. Do you recommend pirating Windows in 2019?

1. No.
2. only for virtual machines as it protects your identity and easily disposable of malware.
zapbuzz, what OS do you use?
How to pirate window 10
@ninaholm: https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-How-To-...-using-cmd

and yes, i still pirating windows in 2020

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,001 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,852 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10? onlinehuangjizhan 4 10,496 Feb 07, 2022, 10:42 am
Last Post: FloodTheWaves
  Windows 10 Activate Windows message WW3hasstarted 6 17,861 Dec 19, 2019, 22:25 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Windows Update and Windows Defender RobertX 5 18,875 Dec 06, 2019, 23:24 pm
Last Post: RobertX