Philidor's uploads
(Mar 30, 2017, 03:15 am)Philidor Wrote:
(Mar 29, 2017, 18:09 pm)ahmed__ Wrote: hello philidor Smile ,how are you ? , it's been long time since you upload any thing here , i wish you are okay

Thanks! I appreciate the thought. Smile

The torn rotater cuff surgery I had almost 5 months ago hasn't healed up, yet. Far from it, judging from the pain that comes from any significant movement. I was under the impression the pain vanished in about 3 months, especially since I had (according to my physical therapist) incredible range of motion almost from day 1. But it seems this kind of surgery can heal quickly or very slowly, depending on a range of issues. Guess being older than dirt doesn't help. Big Grin  At least, we're thinking it's just a slow healing process--anything else, and I'm up shit creek. But we'll see, soon.

So I've been doing very little movement with it, and that's also meant less typing and no uploading. Fortunately, a week's course of one drug started a day ago has begun to dampen the pain. I've taken advantage of that to resume re-upping my old classical torrents once again on KAT--it's Happy Torrents Day, there--plus a smaller lot of jazz. Then I plan to copy them over to TPB and ET. If the drug doesn't work out, my orthopedic surgeon plans on using a steroid injection. Either way, at least I'll get some uploading done again. It's been extremely frustrating not being able to share files.

So no requests just yet, but (with any luck) a lot of material showing up in any case. And who knows...? Maybe I'll get real relief in my right arm, and can resume strengthening it. Stranger things have happened.
hi philidor , i cant say how i feel when i read about your surgery , my english do not help to
i feel like when my father had a knee surgery , i was worred and sad , he is fine now and i wish you will get better soon

(Mar 30, 2017, 18:04 pm)ahmed__ Wrote:
(Mar 29, 2017, 18:09 pm)ahmed__ Wrote: hello philidor Smile ,how are you ? , it's been long time since you upload any thing here , i wish you are okay

The torn rotater cuff surgery I had almost 5 months ago hasn't healed up, yet. Far from it, judging from the pain that comes from any significant movement. I was under the impression the pain vanished in about 3 months, especially since I had (according to my physical therapist) incredible range of motion almost from day 1. But it seems this kind of surgery can heal quickly or very slowly, depending on a range of issues. Guess being older than dirt doesn't help. Big Grin  At least, we're thinking it's just a slow healing process--anything else, and I'm up shit creek. But we'll see, soon.

So I've been doing very little movement with it, and that's also meant less typing and no uploading. Fortunately, a week's course of one drug started a day ago has begun to dampen the pain. I've taken advantage of that to resume re-upping my old classical torrents once again on KAT--it's Happy Torrents Day, there--plus a smaller lot of jazz. Then I plan to copy them over to TPB and ET. If the drug doesn't work out, my orthopedic surgeon plans on using a steroid injection. Either way, at least I'll get some uploading done again. It's been extremely frustrating not being able to share files.

So no requests just yet, but (with any luck) a lot of material showing up in any case. And who knows...? Maybe I'll get real relief in my right arm, and can resume strengthening it. Stranger things have happened.
hi philidor , i cant say how i feel when i read about your surgery , my english do not help to
i feel like when my father had a knee surgery , i was worred and sad , he is fine now and i wish you will get better soon

and i just saw you are num1 uploader at kat Smile

i feel like when my father had a knee surgery , i was worred and sad , he is fine now and i wish you will get better  soon

and i just saw you are num1 uploader at kat Smile

Just for today, Happy Torrents Day. And I paid for it. Feel like I was run through a mangle backwards. Smile
A suggestion which I (and others, in similar forms but this is mine) have proposed to Winston before, but which he hasn't been up for and probably never will be, is a "super VIP" status for people who upload original content, with good descriptions, free of donation requests or links to ad-infested sites, in volume, AND manage to avoid letting it go to their head and getting involved in slanging matches with downloaders, other uploaders and/or staff.

Were such a status ever created, you would be among the very first to whom I would award it. Your torrents are exemplary.
I agree with Sid's assessment of your great contributions to TPB and this forum, and pass along my own best wishes for your recovery.
(Mar 31, 2017, 07:24 am)workerbee Wrote: I agree with Sid's assessment of your great contributions to TPB and this forum, and pass along my own best wishes for your recovery.

Thank you--that's very kind of you. Smile

(Mar 30, 2017, 18:57 pm)Sid Wrote: A suggestion which I (and others, in similar forms but this is mine) have proposed to Winston before, but which he hasn't been up for and probably never will be, is a "super VIP" status for people who upload original content, with good descriptions, free of donation requests or links to ad-infested sites, in volume, AND manage to avoid letting it go to their head and getting involved in slanging matches with downloaders, other uploaders and/or staff.

Were such a status ever created, you would be among the very first to whom I would award it. Your torrents are exemplary.

I suggested something like this a week or so ago, just in passing. Saw no further mention of it, and like you, I doubt it'll be implemented. We'll see.

It is interesting how each of the three big public file sharers--TPB, ET, KAT--has its own unique way of dealing with a whole range of issues, based on systems that can be very, very bluntly simplified down to carrots and sticks. Like different worlds, really.

Thanks for the high compliment, indeed...! I'll be resuming some uploads here, soon. HTD left my right arm in some pain, even with Aleve on board, but it was a big success.
(Aug 14, 2016, 21:55 pm)Hi Philidor, I am such a romantic. I started out years ago with Rachmaninoff, and was totally blown away when I heard Bax. I wonder if you might be able to see these symphonies, and another other Bax music sometime. thanks a lot for your great and varied collection. Scott Wrote: Arnold Bax - Sym No 1 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
714FA4A467FDC00AC03D33B5B865826742BD136D

Arnold Bax - Sym No 6 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
9B1161D154209AE7504526E02B60B7C9DBC72861 

Arnold Bax - Sym No 3 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
0E670A24FD6BA05EC44F9F7D2A42225F8EF1E7B3

Arnold Bax - Sym No 2 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
6B6A3DD22DD0D26AEC739EFD18890E983E2328D6

Arnold Bax - Sym No 5 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
6127DE3BD27548F8E7F89C71C471A12B84A2A06A

Arnold Bax - Sym No 7 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
8B3FF8991E023018086AF1CE5B1A7E2B7778AD07

Arnold Bax - Sym No 4 - V Handley, BBC Philc (2003) [Philidor; FLAC]
49BE44306DF7E72D57A51E909580DBA2AB10E0FC

[Image: 51YE4yfRkdL._SX355_.jpg]
I'm not sure, but I don't think Phildor is still here anymore, at least not in an uploading capacity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lustrous - Music uploads: Enjoy! lustrous 49 22,302 Mar 21, 2024, 11:21 am
Last Post: lustrous
  HULU 1080p TV Show Raw Uploads bsellc 4 2,916 Jan 13, 2024, 15:56 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  My uploads (LiNUX x265 / HEVC movie rips etc.) Fant0men 41 25,197 Oct 14, 2023, 20:59 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  PMEDIA Music Uploads & Shares pmedia 70 237,661 Jun 18, 2022, 07:59 am
Last Post: badegg
Music Electronic Music Uploads EDM :D AciDToX8 172 241,003 May 04, 2021, 12:09 pm
Last Post: 769ybab