Personal Riff Projects
(Jun 01, 2022, 17:25 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote:
(Jun 01, 2022, 15:32 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(May 31, 2022, 15:37 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Department of Redundancy Department

I honestly cannot parse what you said here.  All I know is that I like the style of it, and want riff-comedy in that style, which has not been done by anybody else yet.  The result would be unique, and I adore "unique". Your posts are like the albums of Tangerine Dream and ELP and early King Crimson translated into words; those are three of my favourite musical groups, throughout my life.

Meanwhile, all recorded jokes of ep #9  are now "finessed"/converted to mp3's and ready to add to the scratch track.  This includes layered-tracks for character-interaction.  All the best, Meat Trademark.  And I want some Brain Eaters, dagnabbit, Helles!

The portion you quoted is missing me being rude. Parse to your heart's content and further but I fear it will get you no further than the equivalent of page two of Finnegans Wake, should there be a page two, being the circular [thing] that it is {seems to be (G.S. and E-Prime®)}.

I edited out things I decided didn't need to be said but didn't bother to rewrite anything, because BAH! Sure, it made more sense, but it was not the director's cut. (Yeah, learned that one from Lucas. Lucas Haas. (It was an online Forum Posting Seminar hosted by Haas sponsored by Paas, last Easter. (True story. (The seminar is true, not Easter. I don't believe in Easter. (Okay, the seminar was fake, too.)))))

I hope that clears things up.

" I fear it will get you no further than the equivalent of page two of Finnegans Wake,"

Notta worry, as I've moved another 30% further in finishing ep #9 since the previous post.  Putting proof of the pudding on the table to eat, like Helles has just now done.  *wink* !!

Someday, you'll know that good feeling too, MT.

Meanwhile, GREAT JOB, HELLES!  Gonna check it out right now!
(Jun 01, 2022, 18:31 pm)Helles Wrote: The Brain Eaters is finally complete.  A migraine took me out of the game this weekend, that's why I didn't get it out for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/LXy_PARpTC0

Added to the archive. Good work! What a weird Christmas. Your choice of movies is especially fun. Sorry to hear about your migraine.  I would say "thoughts and prayers," but then I'd have to kick my own ass. I thought "that's a bummer," and no prayers were involved. So, "thoughts and prayers." Just one thought.

Thank you. (Okay, two thoughts.)
Helles' new entry?  Just as enjoyable as Target Earth, with a different (but equal!) vibe, which is apropos since Brain Eaters is quite a different film.  Pacing is (again) fab, as are the bon mots, pacing is great once again, and the ratio between "original film" volume and joke volume is even better.  LOVE IT.  Once again, Helles knew when to let the film do its own work, leading to the next joke!  HURRAH!

Meanwhile, here, finished ep #9, which has been uploaded.  Editing was a bit trickier this time, both for audio and the sound, but got through it.  Overall, that adds up to more than 630 jokes written/recorded/edited/used* in the final-cuts for eps #1-9 since this thread began, so hats of to MT for starting it!

Best to all, keep up the great work.  Unless you're a Spongebobian.

* about 18 jokes didn't make the cut, due to timing/overlapping essential dialogue & plot-points.
Thanks for the encouragement guys!  I appreciate it.

Looking forward to enjoying work from you all.

STIFC, I know what you mean about jokes getting cut.  I had a great joke (what I thought was funny anyway) all ready for Brain Eaters, but couldn't find a place to put it.  It wasn't until I was watching the "premier" with my wife when I noted a place to put it.  Oh well...  Hopefully you can use some of your jokes later.  I doubt I'll ever get the chance to tell a guy that I left part of his father's corpse on the counter back at the lab in the future however.
Jokes for ep #10 completed, more than 70. Helles, sent you a little treat, lol. Smile
(Jun 05, 2022, 22:02 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Jokes for ep #10 completed, more than 70.  Helles, sent you a little treat, lol.  Smile

And it was delicious!  REALLY enjoyed it!
All jokes for ep#10 recorded, more than 15 of them audio-edited, time for food and rest, lol.
Annnnnnnnnnd ep #10 completed and uploaded.

BlueCheckMarks will cry, real people will laugh.

Due to the soundtrack on the original material which was satirized, this was a *beast* to get through, but unlike TikkyTokkyTardians & tweetiots, and RedditWITS, some of us muscle-through.

Dedicated to "Punky Brewster" and their addiction to redbull & spongebob.  I think Helles might like this one best.
(Jun 07, 2022, 23:31 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Annnnnnnnnnd ep #10 completed and uploaded.

BlueCheckMarks will cry, real people will laugh.

Due to the soundtrack on the original material which was satirized, this was a *beast* to get through, but unlike TikkyTokkyTardians & tweetiots, and RedditWITS, some of us muscle-through.

Dedicated to "Punky Brewster" and their addiction to redbull & spongebob.  I think Helles might like this one best.

I can't find it amigo.  Might you have a link?  I love what I've seen so far.
Sent by message just-now, Helles.  Smile

Even for an opposite to Pete Davidson, this one was harder than Ipe Wood to work through.  Hope you enjoy.

Meanwhile, here's hoping that the "group riff project" actually got off the ground and did not die on the vine before being harvested.

Though group projects should never be a reason for avoiding completion of one's own art.  Or vice-versa.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,703 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,598 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,362 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,868 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  JURASSIC UNIVERSE(Riff Compilation) Jurassic Pee 3 4,742 Jun 16, 2023, 19:48 pm
Last Post: kkt