Personal Riff Projects
Part 2: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8at52f
got it!  Time to make some yummy food and relax with your yummy riffs!

and finished up 4 hours of recording/rejecting-bad-takes/editing on the the fly so I need this, lol.

Thank you so much man, I needs da classic style comedy!
Can't use dailymotion without turning off my ad blocker. So, unless someone wants to put it all up on a mega, I guess I'll miss out on what you're doing.
That's odd.  I've been watching part one of Helles' "IT!", suffered no ads.  Meanwhile... it's fantastic!!

specific compliments, with yet no revealing spoilers -

1:40 HAHAHA! 

Good print of the film!  Extra points!

2:13 as Joel world intone, “Ohhhh WOWWWWWWW…”. lol

Jokes aside, we - unlike tweety/reddit village-idiots - adults must appreciate great matte paintings done by hand on glass.  AND it’s a double-matte, which is twice as good as any ex-tumblr half-wit could provide ala Instagram-crap.

Sorry for that reference, bluecheckmarks.  Talent speaks for itself, as does the lack-of-it.

The door joke: to be honest, that one killed me & I love that it would never have occurred to me!  Brilliant!

3:40 you missed a “The Giant Claw” reference, there, dagnabbit!  *wink*. “Awk-Awk-Awk!”  Dang, I miss Mara Corday!

4:18 - “ “Awk-Awk-Awk!”

4:49 yayyyy! The “questioned” joke is in there!  And yes, it works!  “Mountain-peaks” and “valley-troughs”.  Current SNL be damned.

The pacing of jokes-to-movie is excellent.  Then again, I’m not a Spongebobian.

At 5:23, your new audio plus the Dailymotion compression?  Dancing like Fred & Ginger together!

5:46 - it wounds me that Spongebobians will be too TikkyTokkyTardian to appreciate the artistry of these shots.  Or Helles’s jokes within them.

6:06.  “Subaru” foot.

6:59 - yeah, it’s like in some places on Earth, “2 + 2 = 5”.

8:55 by this point, as much as I LOVE this movie, the fact that it’s swiping one of the “War of the Worlds” Martian War Machine noises for BG noise has bugged me for over 35 years, but I am GLAD that Helles didn’t riff that, because it would have broken “the flow”.  Halfwit “bluecheckmarks” would never understand why. Then again, Frank Conniff's been booted from social-media more than once, via complaints by “bluecheckmarks”, so... /shrug

9:29 nice respect to the Bard! 

9:49 at least at this point, tikkytokkytardians can drool over the oversized 1973 zipper-pockets they “dip-shittedly” would want to wear at a disco-revival rave.

10:16 - is it HuffPo’s fave scene, or BuzzFeed’s? Can't tell.  Luckily, less ppl care about EITHER of those sites for it to matter.

HILARIOUS, HELLES!

Anyhoo, this should be enough of a glowing recommendation (yet w/out spoilers!) to have more people check out this glorious riff-by-Helles!  STANDING OVATION!
(May 15, 2022, 03:41 am)RealPaigeWWE Wrote: Can't use dailymotion without turning off my ad blocker.  So, unless someone wants to put it all up on a mega, I guess I'll miss out on what you're doing.

The ads are out of control there!

(May 15, 2022, 05:10 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: That's odd.  I've been watching part one of Helles' "IT!", suffered no ads.  Meanwhile... it's fantastic!!

specific compliments, with yet no revealing spoilers -

1:40 HAHAHA! 

Good print of the film!  Extra points!

2:13 as Joel world intone, “Ohhhh WOWWWWWWW…”. lol

Jokes aside, we - unlike tweety/reddit village-idiots - adults must appreciate great matte paintings done by hand on glass.  AND it’s a double-matte, which is twice as good as any ex-tumblr half-wit could provide ala Instagram-crap.

Sorry for that reference, bluecheckmarks.  Talent speaks for itself, as does the lack-of-it.

The door joke: to be honest, that one killed me & I love that it would never have occurred to me!  Brilliant!

3:40 you missed a “The Giant Claw” reference, there, dagnabbit!  *wink*. “Awk-Awk-Awk!”  Dang, I miss Mara Corday!

4:18 - “ “Awk-Awk-Awk!”

4:49 yayyyy! The “questioned” joke is in there!  And yes, it works!  “Mountain-peaks” and “valley-troughs”.  Current SNL be damned.

The pacing of jokes-to-movie is excellent.  Then again, I’m not a Spongebobian.

At 5:23, your new audio plus the Dailymotion compression?  Dancing like Fred & Ginger together!

5:46 - it wounds me that Spongebobians will be too TikkyTokkyTardian to appreciate the artistry of these shots.  Or Helles’s jokes within them.

6:06.  “Subaru” foot.

6:59 - yeah, it’s like in some places on Earth, “2 + 2 = 5”.

8:55 by this point, as much as I LOVE this movie, the fact that it’s swiping one of the “War of the Worlds” Martian War Machine noises for BG noise has bugged me for over 35 years, but I am GLAD that Helles didn’t riff that, because it would have broken “the flow”.  Halfwit “bluecheckmarks” would never understand why. Then again, Frank Conniff's been booted from social-media more than once, via complaints by “bluecheckmarks”, so... /shrug

9:29 nice respect to the Bard! 

9:49 at least at this point, tikkytokkytardians can drool over the oversized 1973 zipper-pockets they “dip-shittedly” would want to wear at a disco-revival rave.

10:16 - is it HuffPo’s fave scene, or BuzzFeed’s? Can't tell.  Luckily, less ppl care about EITHER of those sites for it to matter.

HILARIOUS, HELLES!

Anyhoo, this should be enough of a glowing recommendation (yet w/out spoilers!) to have more people check out this glorious riff-by-Helles!  STANDING OVATION!

You amigo, are the best audience one could hope for!  When I compare my work to yours, it's like comparing a Nancy comic to Walt Whitman, or paint-by-numbers to Rembrandt.  On every level your talent is a supernova to my fleshlight, er, I mean flashlight.  I don't even know what a fleshlight is!  Production-wise, I pretty much just turn on the mic and let it rip, stumbles and all.  I can't even imagine how much time you spend on each part of your project.  But, the quality certainly shows through!  But most importantly, it's funny as hell!
Cheers man, and right back atcha. Been editing audio for Ep 7 for several hours, gonna take a break soon, but again, as I said privately, I consider the "lone person's comedic-voice" to be much harder than what I do, and I respect what you do/the way you do it with the utmost honesty and appreciation; I can't do it. I can't even tackle a movie I love, like "IT!", but you can.

If someone asked me to tackle a Harryhausen film or ep of the Outer Limits, frankly, I'd have to decline, but I'd love seeing what YOU could do with those glorious classics.

Best to you, compadre, thank you for superlative comedy at the time I needed it most.
(May 15, 2022, 17:07 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Cheers man, and right back atcha.  Been editing audio for Ep 7 for several hours, gonna take a break soon, but again, as I said privately, I consider the "lone person's comedic-voice" to be much harder than what I do, and I respect what you do/the way you do it with the utmost honesty and appreciation; I can't do it.  I can't even tackle a movie I love, like "IT!", but you can. 

If someone asked me to tackle a Harryhausen film or ep of the Outer Limits, frankly, I'd have to decline, but I'd love seeing what YOU could do with those glorious classics.

Best to you, compadre, thank you for superlative comedy at the time I needed it most.

Hey amigo!  Thank you!

I actually LOVE 50s movies and it is with love that I riff them.  I just find the whole experience fun.  I think it would be hard for me to riff something much past 1964 just because the time frame wouldn't interest me that much.  1954 to 1963 is in my wheelhouse.  I love the hair and nighties the women in your film wear.  That's so much fun.  Although I'm sure there ARE movies in the mid 70s and into the 80s I could get into ala "Viva Knievel", "The Guy From Harlem" and Arnold's "Commando".  I'd love to do "Commando".

Can't wait for Part 7!  Let's go!  Schnell mein Freund!
Part 7 finally done, ack!

Gonna need a break after this'un! Sending you a private message with the link after I post this. Hope you are doing great! and I'll be making similar compliments to Part 2 of "IT!" soon!

Well, as for "IT!" part deux, I'm doubly-impressed, because Helles did not fall prey to a pitfall which happens to a lot of comedy people (and non-comedic performers): he didn't "lag" in the second or third Act.  This happens to writers, too; many simply "lose their wind" by the time they hit the final "third of the race".  Helles' comedy was as sassy and vibrant in the final 20 or 15 minutes as it was in the first 40.  That's impressive, and I respect it mightily.  I got thru all of "Jurassic Shark", which was a bit of chore but I respect The Lads for muscling thru it, but it was clear by the final-third, they had suffered enough.  Not the case with "IT!" by Helles, thank goodness. 

Another compliment, from the heart, which is an expanded version of the 1st compliment:  *consistency* .  What we enjoy of Helles' comedy in Hot Rod Girl, then Target Earth is present in "IT!", in bushels.  He does not "repeat himself", yet he provides what we come to expect of him from his previous work, and that is to be appreciated.

I won't risk spoilers, but, superlative.  Thanks, man, great job, well-wrought.  Cheers, compadre.
(Apr 30, 2022, 07:19 am)bswitzer Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster. I saw this thread and couldn’t help but think if not now then when?

This isn’t exactly a riff, more an artifact of a weird coping strategy for a terrible year. Myself and a couple comics that were quarantined in New York during 2020 spent way too much time putting this weird Zoom movie together to keep sane. It’s about a meathead Joe Rogan acolyte and his nerdy buddy in the post-apocalypse running the world’s last podcast out of Lance Bass’ secret underground fallout shelter beneath the Gold’s Gym in Orlando, Florida. 

Spoiler alert for those that watch this for a few minutes and find it tedious: This is an aggressively hard watch. It’s almost a hundred minutes long when it should be under forty.

The problem was this film was made during 2020, so none of use were thinking straight to begin with, let alone contemplating how many friends and family members I would personally lose during the production and editing process. So many family members that by the end, I assumed the whole project was haunted and the next cut I made into the movie would be unto my very soul. …that and my copy of Premiere expired. So the version we’re left with is kinda flabby. There’s a lot of bad continuity errors and wonky edits—easily fixed, but again, I’m too much of a coward to go back now. I only have so few family members left to give, and I fear the reaper’s next swing of the scythe will take them, or me.

That said, I do truly believe if anyone gets to the end of this movie… it kinda works? I think? I’ve had very little feedback on that because no one I know has actually made it that far, which you feel would be feedback enough—but now I’ve found the only audience I can think of that would be willing to sit though this attempt at a movie to find the very nice nougaty core we tried to put in there. 

At the very least, if any of you manage to slog it out, I hope you’ll find it a slightly better experience than Roller Gator. And what can anyone that makes art say at the end of the day than, “I think I’ve slightly improved on Roller Gator?”

The Last Podcast Ever.

I started this episode.  Some pretty funny lines so far.  Are you Squib or Toe Cutter?  "100 episodes ago, I was certain I was either going to eat you, or wear you for warmth."  NICE!

(May 18, 2022, 14:23 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Part 7 finally done, ack!

Gonna need a break after this'un!  Sending you a private message with the link after I post this.  Hope you are doing great!  and I'll be making similar compliments to Part 2 of "IT!" soon!

Well, as for "IT!" part deux, I'm doubly-impressed, because Helles did not fall prey to a pitfall which happens to a lot of comedy people (and non-comedic performers): he didn't "lag" in the second or third Act.  This happens to writers, too; many simply "lose their wind" by the time they hit the final "third of the race".  Helles' comedy was as sassy and vibrant in the final 20 or 15 minutes as it was in the first 40.  That's impressive, and I respect it mightily.  I got thru all of "Jurassic Shark", which was a bit of chore but I respect The Lads for muscling thru it, but it was clear by the final-third, they had suffered enough.  Not the case with "IT!" by Helles, thank goodness. 

Another compliment, from the heart, which is an expanded version of the 1st compliment:  *consistency* .  What we enjoy of Helles' comedy in Hot Rod Girl, then Target Earth is present in "IT!", in bushels.  He does not "repeat himself", yet he provides what we come to expect of him from his previous work, and that is to be appreciated.

I won't risk spoilers, but, superlative.  Thanks, man, great job, well-wrought.  Cheers, compadre.

Wow, thank you!  Speaking of consistency, part 7 followed your established tradition of amazing VO work and great jokes.  Did you forget to post the link here?

I understand your need for a break, but we look forward to your next project!

Congrats!
Doug (Munich Helles)
(May 19, 2022, 12:15 pm)Helles Wrote:
(Apr 30, 2022, 07:19 am)bswitzer Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster. I saw this thread and couldn’t help but think if not now then when?

This isn’t exactly a riff, more an artifact of a weird coping strategy for a terrible year. Myself and a couple comics that were quarantined in New York during 2020 spent way too much time putting this weird Zoom movie together to keep sane. It’s about a meathead Joe Rogan acolyte and his nerdy buddy in the post-apocalypse running the world’s last podcast out of Lance Bass’ secret underground fallout shelter beneath the Gold’s Gym in Orlando, Florida. 

Spoiler alert for those that watch this for a few minutes and find it tedious: This is an aggressively hard watch. It’s almost a hundred minutes long when it should be under forty.

The problem was this film was made during 2020, so none of use were thinking straight to begin with, let alone contemplating how many friends and family members I would personally lose during the production and editing process. So many family members that by the end, I assumed the whole project was haunted and the next cut I made into the movie would be unto my very soul. …that and my copy of Premiere expired. So the version we’re left with is kinda flabby. There’s a lot of bad continuity errors and wonky edits—easily fixed, but again, I’m too much of a coward to go back now. I only have so few family members left to give, and I fear the reaper’s next swing of the scythe will take them, or me.

That said, I do truly believe if anyone gets to the end of this movie… it kinda works? I think? I’ve had very little feedback on that because no one I know has actually made it that far, which you feel would be feedback enough—but now I’ve found the only audience I can think of that would be willing to sit though this attempt at a movie to find the very nice nougaty core we tried to put in there. 

At the very least, if any of you manage to slog it out, I hope you’ll find it a slightly better experience than Roller Gator. And what can anyone that makes art say at the end of the day than, “I think I’ve slightly improved on Roller Gator?”

The Last Podcast Ever.

I started this episode.  Some pretty funny lines so far.  Are you Squib or Toe Cutter?  "100 episodes ago, I was certain I was either going to eat you, or wear you for warmth."  NICE!

(May 18, 2022, 14:23 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Part 7 finally done, ack!

Gonna need a break after this'un!  Sending you a private message with the link after I post this.  Hope you are doing great!  and I'll be making similar compliments to Part 2 of "IT!" soon!

Wow, thank you!  Speaking of consistency, part 7 followed your established tradition of amazing VO work and great jokes.  Did you forget to post the link here?

I understand your need for a break, but we look forward to your next project!

Congrats!
Doug (Munich Helles)

Cheers and thanks so much, mah compadre!

When I mentioned the link, I meant privately, to you, lol.  Because when I previously put up the daily motion links as a test to prove what I already knew (that a “blue checkmark” would watch the 1st 2, then use what they saw to make a lame-ass “snarky-heckle” at my expense), which they did (utterly predictable, since that’s what duhrwads have done online since at least 1999; no originality there) , the point they did not foresee was made, and was hilarious.  I mean, I physically *laughed*, because the person attempting to roast me has stated in other threads [here] that they are "Rainbow" …

Yet they tried to roast me by comparing me - in a half-arsed passive-aggressive manner - to Carmine Infantino (a god in comic book culture, except to the talentless, such as fans of Bechdel and Roberta Gregory*, versus Goddess Women of comicbook-talent like Nicola Scott).  The irony there is that Infantino created the iconic Poison Ivy costume, face, body-language etc., a character which has been beloved by the Queer Community for over 15 years; bit of an “own goal” there and “shooting oneself in the foot”, lol.  But, to each their own.

So, I uploaded the daily-links to the 1st two eps just to see if “someone” would be an utter cliché, respond as expected, in a manner that was "old hat" 20 years ago, and lo-and-behold, they did not disappoint.  *wink*

But no need to publicly give them anything more than that, after they proved my point, lol.  Private links afterwards perfectly suffice.

Meanwhile, can’t wait for “The Brain Eaters”!  Woo Hoo! 

*Neither of whom (visually) ever created anything of note, for cis culture or queer-culture, btw; Bechdel is only known for badly drawing herself in pathetic pseudo-autobiographical bullpucky, but that led to her getting press, which led to “The Bechdel Test”, which is what she is now known for.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,701 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,592 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,354 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,865 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  JURASSIC UNIVERSE(Riff Compilation) Jurassic Pee 3 4,738 Jun 16, 2023, 19:48 pm
Last Post: kkt