Oh, Mother...
When I first saw that email title from RiffTrax, my stupid, belligerent, and terrible brain immediately thought "They're doing Darren Aran-" before reeling back in, wisely.

UGH!

What could have been...

(Sadly, the above is 100% true.)

I'd watch that riff. Just sayin'.
That would actually be pretty awesome but they seem to stay away from art films--probably because they don't have a wide enough audience. The studio tried pretty hard to pretend that Mother was a horror movie but it definitely didn't work--the misleading ad campaign just ensured that nearly everybody who paid to see the movie in a theater would end up being disappointed. On top of that all the b.s. about people at film fest screenings passing out because the film was so shocking probably scared away a lot of people who would have actually enjoyed the movie.
I loved mother! but it really works best if viewed as a piece of devised theatre rather than as any sort of traditional film.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [REQ] Mother of the Bride HoppedUpOnGoofballs 3 3,840 Jul 23, 2023, 14:22 pm
Last Post: NexusWraith
  (Req) Rifftrax Presents: Mother Of The Bride MrDeadlyPersianFartingSpider 1 5,321 Dec 27, 2022, 13:54 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  Mother Goose's Birthday Party with Ronald McDonald BadFilms 18 24,303 May 24, 2022, 22:15 pm
Last Post: BadFilms
  Mother of the Bride JusSonic 6 11,511 May 09, 2021, 11:48 am
Last Post: Zatteen
  (req) Mother Goose's Birthday Party MATMAN 3 8,961 Dec 03, 2019, 00:51 am
Last Post: BadFilms