Next James bond to be black woman WTF
https://www.thedailybeast.com/lashana-ly...-damn-time

worlds gone mad if this is true, im so sick if diversity being shoved down our throats, i noticed years ago how most Hollywood films now have at least 1 black actor and 1 asian character to appeal to foreign markets for marketing

( im friends with people of all colours by the way ) 

but changing a male role model to a woman plus changing their colour is about the most stupid thing ive heard, what do you think ? 

you can see where this is going..next james bond will be black transgender person in a wheelchair who speaks chinese !
That kind of stuff used to bug me, but at the end of the day, its all fictional stories. I might get a little annoyed if it was something where I expected a little historical accuracy.

I'm trying to think of the examples off the top of my head.
Will Smith playing James West in Wild Wild West [traditional white character played by a black actor]
Almost every black and white movie with Indians
When the Doctor became a woman

Not too many examples off the top of my head.
I think it is a fictional character to begin with. Objecting about it is silly waste of time.

If it fails in the market, you won't see any follow up.

If it is a success, you are free to never watch them and pretend it never happened.
It's like branding a "Fiat Something" as a Dodge Dart or the Mitsubish Galant as the Challenger. It may be cool but in the end of the day it is not a Dodge.

The Dart would be the gay (or bi, or whatever) version of James, which almost got out the closet in Skyfall (the Bond 50th movie), Freudian reference with 'M' included, who would say...

I'm yet to see the Challenger, but this female black Bond smells like the New Bettle Final Edition, the always-ending-but-comming-back truly-undefined designed-for-all-and-good-for-nothing car. A Startrek Voyager with Captain Jane.

Now The Voyager lasted 7 (seven!) seasons, let's hope this new Bond trend doesn't, or we'll be seing gramma Jamie, Jimmy Jr., and the entire Adam's Bond Family (yes, J.B's father was A.B. Coincidence?)
Why do people care soo much? People moaned when we had a black hermione.... and the earth still spun and the world didn't end. People get way too offended these days.
We did have a black Hermione? I know we have a black little mermaid (because Disney didn't use Ariel whitener this time).

Now back on topic: Is this new female Bond supposed to be a womanizer horny dog too, or what?
I just googled and a lot more sources have picked up this story. It does appear legitimate now.
I'll give it a shot when if/when it comes out. I imagine Hollywood will find a way to fuck it up, and many will jump on the opportunity to blame it on this recasting regardless.
Let's call it "Black Bond."
(Jul 18, 2019, 06:02 am)RobertX Wrote: Let's call it "Black Bond."

Cos everyone referred to previous bond's as white bonds..../s