New ISP Privacy
So I heard that ISP's can sell my browsing data now right? Does this mean they'll know I visit sites like this, can they can see everything I download now? and should I worry about that?
Nothing has really changed. ISPs have always been able to see what sites you are connecting to. They only thing they care about is that you pay your bill on time.

All that is really new is that they don't have to ask you to opt in, or give you an easy way to opt out.
Agreed, it has been happening for years. It get's even deeper,they can completely create a "digital finger print" for you and your browsing behaviour and based on your system configurations and what websites you visit. I was reading about it here. In a way it can make it more convenient so that when you are searching for something, the searches can be more relevant. However the downside is that they can sell your information, and in a way your privacy is compromised.
It is like we never knew we were being watched, now they have just opened up about their activities.
You can always use proxies but many sites like facebook youtube ect have blacklisted many proxy ip addresses
(Apr 11, 2017, 15:20 pm)Ti3ryN0x Wrote: So I heard that ISP's can sell my browsing data now right? Does this mean they'll know I visit sites like this, can they can see everything I download now? and should I worry about that?

Your using their service, they can do anything they want... The fact they don't is because they'd hear backlash from uses IF they ever got found out.

Only way around that is either use a VPN and/or change DNS servers  (I wouldn't use Google DNS, since unlike ISP's, Google *actually* informs users what they are up to)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple is tracking you even when its own privacy settings say it’s not Resurgence 4 11,335 Nov 11, 2023, 06:54 am
Last Post: lustrous
  US: Twitter to pay $150m fine to resolve data privacy violations Resurgence 0 10,269 May 29, 2022, 00:52 am
Last Post: Resurgence
  US: Tech industry groups are watering down attempts at privacy regulation Resurgence 0 8,716 May 27, 2022, 00:41 am
  US Court Orders Every ISP in the United States to Block Illegal Streaming Sites foilmon 0 8,840 May 02, 2022, 07:39 am
Last Post: foilmon
  Italy: Privacy authority fines Clearview AI €20M, orders biometrics deletion Resurgence 0 12,582 Mar 12, 2022, 01:04 am