New Hi Qulaity Versions....
I have come to REALLY enjoy the high quality Blu Ray rips. I was running out of video storage and took a few passes with hand break to try and make reasonable size copies of a couple large re-encodes.
It took a while to test hand break and (FOREVER to encode) now Looking over those rips i think they are crap and I'm re-downloading the full 9 gig or whatever re-encodes. They aren't horrid but they are noticeably -NOT 4k quality.

I'm at the point where I want the Clash of the Titans, Harry Potter, Twilight and the other high quality movies re-encoded from a 4 k source bad enough to pay for them. looking at Harry Potter 01....
Its about 5 GB, large for an average rifftarx release and it looks pretty shitty. it looks like SD not HD. Sad  This looks like it would need to be 15 GB minimum to look "right"

I would love it if someone would make good re-encodes for everything that has an HD Source available.
I'm about to get a new computer or two in a month or so. if i can get some info on exactly what software is being used to accomplish this, I might try a pass a it myself.
I'm most unsure about the encoding settings. From what i have seen, People have compared hand break to adobe media encoder and (same as my tests) media encoder consistently produced crappy
encodes vs. hand break. The general advice is use premiere to edit, output lossless AVI and use hand break for the actual encode/squish.
I would prefer to trans code existing movie rips but i dont think a program such as premiere will actually transcode instead of re encoding the already encoded film.

Any help appreciated and THANK YOU whoever you are who has taken the time to upgrade these riffs!!
Your best bet for quality encodes of the Just the Jokes movies is to go here for bsg4you's rips and torrents.  bsg4you is pretty much a legend on this forum and has done a ton of work ripping, encoding, and syncing audio.  Anything shared by bsg4you is guaranteed to be worth it.
I just dont have the time to follow links that dont expain anything or answer my questions in any way.
i will knock out a shit load of HQ upgrades if someone will answer my questions.
If not, I wont.
(Aug 26, 2021, 13:27 pm)reese Wrote: I just dont have the time to follow links that dont expain anything or answer my questions in any way.
i will knock out a shit load of HQ upgrades if someone will answer my questions.
If not, I wont.

Yoinks!

Peace out, yo.
(Aug 26, 2021, 14:14 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote:
(Aug 26, 2021, 13:27 pm)reese Wrote: I just dont have the time to follow links that dont expain anything or answer my questions in any way.
If not, I wont.

Yoinks!

Peace out, yo.

Hahaha. 

And Reese, the work is already done...people like bsg4you and a ton of the rest of us on this site do the "hard" part of audio syncing/mixing.  Placing that already mixed audio track into a different resolution/bitrate video file will take you less than 30 seconds with MKVToolNix GUI.  You'll seriously be amazed at how fast you can merge it with whatever video file you deem fit.
If i felt like it, I could share my RiffTrax collection, The Highest Quality RiffTrax Collection out there. Full of 4K and 1080p upgrades no one here as even started. And some personal Upscales. All edited to RiffTrax Release Standards, Frame by Frame. None of this, watching a shitty movie for 30 seconds without RiffTrax.
Hell, Some I even recreated the Original Logo. Since i am a 3D modelling and Animation, Editing and Audio Wizard.
But, The last time i shared (on KAT) too many of you got picky and compared me to BSG. So, you don't deserve it. Smile
Punish the entire class because of a few assholes?

I didn't like you when you were my tenth grade social studies teacher either.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Req 2x shorts: HD Medium 720p versions of Christmas Spirit and Little Match Girl bsg4you 2 1,735 Jan 02, 2024, 22:52 pm
Last Post: bsg4you
  Looking for Replay versions dhshaha136 4 7,380 Oct 02, 2022, 13:09 pm
Last Post: Jim Begg
  "legacy" versions Tums 0 5,342 Sep 19, 2022, 14:40 pm
Last Post: Tums
  [req?] Is there a list of fan restored versions? Zatteen 0 6,104 Jul 27, 2022, 12:44 pm
Last Post: Zatteen
  NEW NEW NEW RIFFTRAX LIVE Shorts MADSareCalling 2 8,330 Jan 17, 2022, 16:12 pm
Last Post: LaGrrande