Multiple Pages Of Comments Deleted
There were quite a few of us users commenting in a particular torrent, making requests & thanking seeders on various torrents. It had got up to 4 pages long but then all the comments have been deleted. I posted a comment asking if anyone knew what had happened. A few minutes  later, my comment was deleted. Minutes later, another person also asked what had happened. Myself & another commented that we did not know. Minutes later, those comments were deleted. It is now a couple of hours later and I see that there is a single comment there, that has been there for at least 30 minutes. I go and look at other torrents that the same people have been commenting in and the comments are still there. So, it is solely to do with the comments on one torrent.

Has there been a glitch in the system or, has a Moderator removed the comments for a reason?
Have we broken some rule that we all were not aware off?
I assume that a Moderator can look at what was posted in the comments, the ones that have been deleted?
If a rule has been broken, please tell me what it is, so we can avoid breaking it again.
We all want to abide by the rules.
I did a search to see why whole pages of comments would be deleted but found nothing.

This is the torrent:
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/1583935....x264-Grym
Approximately 100 comments completely unrelated to the torrent, including some attempting to confirm the IP addresses and locations of individual members, were deleted earlier today.

The torrent comments facility is there for discussion of [specific] torrents, not to provide a general discussion forum. [That's what this forum is provided for.]

There is no specific rule against attempting to identify sharers, but I guess that's because it's such a stupid thing to do that nobody thought to make one.

I can't see but it doesn't appear as though anyone was banned. [But, rule or not, I'll ban anyone I see trying to identify members.]
(Sep 23, 2016, 05:07 am)Sid Wrote: Approximately 100 comments completely unrelated to the torrent, including some attempting to confirm the IP addresses and locations of individual members, were deleted earlier today.

The torrent comments facility is there for discussion of [specific] torrents, not to provide a general discussion forum. [That's what this forum is provided for.]

There is no specific rule against attempting to identify sharers, but I guess that's because it's such a stupid thing to do that nobody thought to make one.

I can't see but it doesn't appear as though anyone was banned. [But, rule or not, I'll ban anyone I see trying to identify members.]

I understand about the comments being specifically for the torrent in question. I, for one, will keep that in mind going forward.
The reason that some of us identified each other's IP address was that the seeder could see when the requester had finished downloading the torrent.

Most of the comments were from people that like downloading/sharing the torrents placed by a particular person.
You say, this forum is the place for the type of comments that you deleted. Is it allowed, or even possible, for those commenters to post requests to that particular person?
If so, how would we go about that?

To illustrate: The 'Grym' rips of the "Bond 50" movies (The 50th anniversary of the James Bond movies, released in 2012). I, and others, are trying to gather them. If we could post requests to the page of the encoder of the 'Grym" movies (he/she has stated that he/she encourages sharing of them as he/she was one of the commenters) then the sharing is so much more possible. It has been very much hit & miss up until we were able to gather where the comments were deleted.

I appreciate not being banned. By the way, is there a warning system in place?

As there were quite a few people visiting the torrent in question & were participating in the comments, do I have your permission to post your reason for deleting the comments?
I would not want others to get banned for the IP business you mention, when they obviously do not know not to do it, like I didn't.

Thank you.
(Sep 23, 2016, 06:01 am)theoldfarter Wrote: I understand about the comments being specifically for the torrent in question. I, for one, will keep that in mind going forward.
All things in moderation. The odd out-of-context comment is one thing. Four entire pages of nothing but out-of-context comments is something else. And when some of those comments are ill-advised it is something else again.

(Sep 23, 2016, 06:01 am)theoldfarter Wrote: The reason that some of us identified each other's IP address was that the seeder could see when the requester had finished downloading the torrent.
A simple, "I'm finished, thanks," comment would achieve the same thing without compromising anyone's privacy. [It would still be out-of-place anywhere other than on the torrent that was being seeded though, and it did not appear any of the comments related to the torrent on which they were placed.]

(Sep 23, 2016, 06:01 am)theoldfarter Wrote: Most of the comments were from people that like downloading/sharing the torrents placed by a particular person.
You say, this forum is the place for the type of comments that you deleted. Is it allowed, or even possible, for those commenters to post requests to that particular person?
If so, how would we go about that?
Post in the appropriate requests forum http://suprbayoubiexnmp.onion/Forum-Requests

Or post a comment on the specific torrent you wish to have reseeded.

(Sep 23, 2016, 06:01 am)theoldfarter Wrote: I appreciate not being banned. By the way, is there a warning system in place?
No, there is no need for one. There are very few rules and very few people banned (except blatant and obvious scammers and spammers of course, who wouldn't be given or heed warnings anyway).

(Sep 23, 2016, 06:01 am)theoldfarter Wrote: As there were quite a few people visiting the torrent in question & were participating in the comments, do I have your permission to post your reason for deleting the comments?
I would not want others to get banned for the IP business you mention, when they obviously do not know not to do it, like I didn't.

Sure. Post a link to this thread https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Multipl...ts-Deleted  They don't need to register to be able to see it.
The moderators going to do what the moderator is going to do.

But here is my take. This is my first forum post. I never been here before. I did a google search of a file I wanted after KAT died and it linked me to the Piratebays Download page for that file. Hello Pirate bay. Theres a search at the top. So I type in Grym. Cool. Theres a bunch of Gryms. Unfortunately, not ALL Gryms. So I list in POST DATE order to see newest Grym. Curious, its got comments where older Gryms dont. I look at comments and its users asking about reseeds and such. Awesome. All the Grym users are all at the very latest Grym posting. Makes perfect sense. Where else are we going to find others that have the files that need reseeded. There may be a few people here and a few people there, but they are ALL here at the latest download page. At least all the ones that come to Pirate Bay. There is no message on the download page thats clear to see that MAKES people want to use this forum instead of being on the download page. So this forum will be no where near as effective in keeping links alive. Because most people dont come here, they go there. Thats my take.

As for identifying users, maybe I missed something. I didnt see any posts where people were posting IP addresses. So if somebody did that, yikes, you cant be doing that. But I did find the discussion about how people knew I was me EXTREMELY useful. I didnt know I was so easy to figure out to others I was sharing with. But it wasnt some obscure trick they used. So if talking about it is completely taboo here, then many others are going to be totally unaware that everybody else has figured out who they are. I say its vital to be talking about it, just dont be posting IP addresses. Because people need to know this stuff. Thats my take.

Now that I know how easy it is for others to figure out who I am, we cant be asking Grym to be reseeding stuff. Because then he can just as easily be identified. The way he normally does it, he posts stuff random. If somebody evil knows hes coming back to reseed, thats a bad thing. We will just have to depend on each other for reseeds.
@stts2. Yep, a central place like the one on KAT about the Grym rips, would be great. Unfortunately, we will just have to work with what there is. Lets see how it goes.
For example, I have done a request. Lets just see how successful it is: https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Goldfin...64-Bond-50
The IP stuff was a bone head move, most use vpn anywyas. But we put reseed request where we did because people would see them, vonRicht even encouraged it. Anyways it would be nice if this forum had a dedicated reseed request section. Rather than mixing them with regular requests.
Just a Heads Up. I asked the administrator if a dedicated 'reseed request' section was possible. The administrator said that it had been done in the past and it was decided not to continue with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TPB comments & new accounts jaybird88 93 230,523 Apr 09, 2024, 06:08 am
Last Post: Ares
  Issues with editing comments on suprbay Hmm888 1 596 Mar 05, 2024, 02:56 am
Last Post: maskaw
  Can't leave comments WestBankRoamer 7 12,819 Feb 06, 2024, 13:10 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Comments on torrents here- getting username and password thesnare 1 11,987 Jan 23, 2021, 18:29 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Pages missing/Onion Down? mhuppman 4 13,146 May 09, 2020, 12:02 pm
Last Post: cegb0001