Movie Commentary Archive
ARE YOU A MOVIE AUDIO COMMENTARY FAN?
They are enjoyable when the right people are doing them for all of the trivia and making-of information that can gained concerning the films discussed. I’m a huge archiver of them, with 9,168 at this time (continuously growing almost daily). They originate from laserdiscs, DVDs and Blu-rays released all over the world (only English language tracks). Sure, not all commentaries are great, but it is up to the listener for judging that. Like a good audio book, you don't need to really watch the movie in order to enjoy one. I used to have a long standing bi-monthly updated thread on the unfortunately now defunct tehparadox.com (under the name “Vrexcl”). Now I share them via e-mail with any and all fans, especially those that are still in touch from Paradox. I do end-of-the-month e-mail list updates of newly acquired tracks, either sent from various contributors or obtained by myself from discs or websites. Another reason I haven’t created a website devoted to them or found another forum is that it’s expensive to put nearly all of my archive on some storage locker site like Dropbox, Mediafire or Nitroflare. So now I just upload desired tracks to Google Drive, give the download links in a reply e-mail and ask the individual to let me know when they are downloaded so that I can delete them to clear space. You can contact me for a copy of my Word document archive lists via my e-mail. I’ll also share my “Wanted” list as well, for all of the tracks I seek from various films already out on disc or coming soon. Moderation is the key though when requesting. Don’t go crazy. Look through and see what you would like. It might take a day or two to send everything you desire since there are lot of archived tracks which are from 2010 to late-2013s. If desired title is from back then, I need to check it out for hiss removal and volume/bass balancing in order to bring it up-to-date. The vast majority of commentaries are recorded in improper room setups, so some are just bad in noise, while others are near perfect. As for sharing tracks, I prefer them in .ac3 or .mka format (either from already done online sources or direct stream demux off the actual DVD or Blu-ray disc) with all the needed information about them given, i.e. year, edition the track is from (Standard/Collector's/Limited/Special), world region (R1/R2/R4) and who is heard in the audio. Alright, hope to hear from you with requested tracks. Commentary fans unite!
P.S. I don’t mind if you use the tracks on your own website or blog, just as long as you give credit to me as your original commentary source link.
Yes! All Commentaries are welcome. Riff Tracks, and Official "Historian," "Critical," or Writer/Directors/Actors/EFX Commentaries. Kino-Lorber and Shout! Factory have given lush releases to many of the Classic Films Originally "Riffed" on "MST3K." Complete with wonderful Retrospectives, by filmmakers like Daniel Griffith ("BallyHoo Motion Pictures") and great Audio Commentaries, by the likes of Tom Weaver, Tim Lucas, Richard Harlan Smith, and more. Although not complete "Riffs," they are handled with an equal amount of Humor and insight to the actual filmmaking. The Ultimate "B"-Movie Patron, Joe Bob Briggs, strikes just the right note, and rightfully, his commentaries have found a home here. And a Big "Kudos" to the absolute Legend [Rifferee] who shared the long-awaited new JBB Commentary for "I Spit on Your Grave; Deja Vu" from 2019. Thanks so much. And hopefully others will be inspired to share their treasures.
Since I oddly can't edit the OP now, I'll be adding archive count updates as replies. As for 5-15-23, it is now up to 9,174.
As of 6-8-23, the arrive sits at 9,229 movie titles with commentaries in my archive.  That is just by title.  Some movies have more than one track.  So the full archive count is 11,544.
Ever wanted to be a film critic?
(Jun 05, 2023, 00:47 am)RobertX Wrote: Ever wanted to be a film critic?

Nah, there's much better reviews out their than me, like the guys and gals on Midnight's Edge, Critical Drinker After Hours, Ryan George and Despot of Antrim on YouTube.
As of 6-11-23, the arrive sits at 9,245 movie titles with commentaries in my archive. That is just by title. Some movies have more than one track. So the full archive count is 11,557.
What do the extra tracks contain? Another language?
(Jun 15, 2023, 03:04 am)RobertX Wrote: What do the extra tracks contain? Another language?

No, all commentaries are in English.  The extra tracks are concerning those DVD and Blu-ray releases that have multiple commentaries instead of just one.

As of 6-26-23, the arrive sits at 9,279 movie titles with commentaries in my archive. That is just by title. Some movies have more than one track. So the full archive count is 11,646.
Can these commentaries be placed as alternative streams in movie files like the ones they had back in DVD eras?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie Sources & Movie Formats Suprbay 0 44,354 Oct 23, 2013, 07:49 am
Last Post: Suprbay