Making the clothes flow with direction and gravity
(Nov 21, 2016, 08:11 am)beenthere-donethat Wrote: I bought VWD when it first came out and found it to be amateur crap.   It didn't work worth shit and the tutorials where more garbage.  It only seems to work for a narrow band of conditions so I moved to Poser which has real dynamics that actually work.

Same here - I have yet to be able to make a simulation work properly. I'll just stick with Poser's hair and cloth rooms, at least I know what they can and can't do.
(Nov 21, 2016, 14:21 pm)Brantop Wrote: So you mean the two programs that were suggested to me by someone is not good? Is poser the only good way in making dynamic clothing? If so can you transfer clothes from dynamic clothes from poser to daz? Or kindly give other ways in making dynamic clothing in Daz? Smile

First, some history.
Always jealous of Poser's dynamic cloth capability, Daz licensed a plugin from Optitex ( http://optitex.com/ ). They hoped that content creators would do their work for them by buying the (crazy expensive) program needed to make clothes for the Daz plugin and that Daz Studio users would pay for the plugin in order to use the dynamic clothes.  It failed miserably with few dynamic clothes being made.  Daz will not entertain any questions about the debacle in their forums and usually deletes pointed questions.  If one gets ugly and demand answers you get banned from their forum (ask me how I know...go ahead, I dare you).

Poser has a pretty good dynamic cloth and hair engine that works well.  The interface is kinda goofball, but it works just fine.  The VWD (or whatever it's called) plugin for both Daz and Poser can work well, some folks have had considerable success with it.  I didn't but your experience may be different.  It's floating around in the sharing sites and I suggest you give it a try.
(Nov 22, 2016, 15:39 pm)beenthere-donethat Wrote: The VWD (or whatever it's called) plugin for both Daz and Poser can work well, some folks have had considerable success with it.  I didn't but your experience may be different.  It's floating around in the sharing sites and I suggest you give it a try.

I think one of the biggest issues is the lack of documentation, even by following the included "instructions", it seems to fail every time for me. It is not an issue I have with Poser's cloth and hair room, so I'm still not sure if it is the lack of documentation or just me.
(Nov 23, 2016, 16:06 pm)Fathead2016 Wrote:
(Nov 22, 2016, 15:39 pm)beenthere-donethat Wrote: The VWD (or whatever it's called) plugin for both Daz and Poser can work well, some folks have had considerable success with it.  I didn't but your experience may be different.  It's floating around in the sharing sites and I suggest you give it a try.

I think one of the biggest issues is the lack of documentation, even by following the included "instructions", it seems to fail every time for me. It is not an issue I have with Poser's cloth and hair room, so I'm still not sure if it is the lack of documentation or just me.

That is a problem with Daz studio. Almost all the documentation is way outdated. Making it almost impossible to look up help.
(Nov 23, 2016, 16:16 pm)Kooroe Wrote: That is a problem with Daz studio. Almost all the documentation is way outdated. Making it almost impossible to look up help.
I believe that this is part of Daz's marketing strategy. It's widely known as the razorblade business model.  You give the razor (or Studio program) away for free to lure people in, then charge for everything else.  Daz doesn't really provide documentation so that folks are forced to keep coming back to the community forums to ask questions.  You might notice that answers in the forum are normally curt with no additional information (I'm looking at you R. Hasletine) making other folks jump in and add it. This forces folks to get involved in the forum and gives Daz the opportunity to grind advertisements for their overpriced models into peoples faces.  They also discourage folks from making their own items so that people will be forced to buy from them. 
Everything Daz does is about money and it would warm my heart if they priced themselves out of business.  The software is fine for the casual amateur user (load, dress, pose, render), but anything more advanced calls for real software like Poser and Blender (they make a great combination by the way).   I stayed away from the whole Genesis line after G2, since I could see that they'd be releasing 'new and improved' models on a regular basis for the sole purpose of generating more sales.  Vicky and Mike Four still look and work great.  AND they have by far, the biggerest and hugerest selection of clothes, expressions and poses.
I used Studio for a long time but continually ran headlong into it's limitations.  Now that Poser finally has a stable release (PPro11 SR5...and it's about fucking time Smith Micro!) I haven't opened Daz in months.
Guess I got a little lot carried away there...but you did ask.  :-)
(Nov 24, 2016, 07:32 am)beenthere-donethat Wrote:
(Nov 23, 2016, 16:16 pm)Kooroe Wrote: That is a problem with Daz studio. Almost all the documentation is way outdated. Making it almost impossible to look up help.
I believe that this is part of Daz's marketing strategy. It's widely known as the razorblade business model.  You give the razor (or Studio program) away for free to lure people in, then charge for everything else.  Daz doesn't really provide documentation so that folks are forced to keep coming back to the community forums to ask questions.  You might notice that answers in the forum are normally curt with no additional information (I'm looking at you R. Hasletine) making other folks jump in and add it. This forces folks to get involved in the forum and gives Daz the opportunity to grind advertisements for their overpriced models into peoples faces.  They also discourage folks from making their own items so that people will be forced to buy from them. 
Everything Daz does is about money and it would warm my heart if they priced themselves out of business.  The software is fine for the casual amateur user (load, dress, pose, render), but anything more advanced calls for real software like Poser and Blender (they make a great combination by the way).   I stayed away from the whole Genesis line after G2, since I could see that they'd be releasing 'new and improved' models on a regular basis for the sole purpose of generating more sales.  Vicky and Mike Four still look and work great.  AND they have by far, the biggerest and hugerest selection of clothes, expressions and poses.
I used Studio for a long time but continually ran headlong into it's limitations.  Now that Poser finally has a stable release (PPro11 SR5...and it's about fucking time Smith Micro!) I haven't opened Daz in months.

Personally, I love the new series of models mainly because of the geo-morphing of genitalia. The v4 models are a pain in the ass when it comes to modeling sex scenes. I have not used poser since version 3 and only came back to the 3d scene when daz came out with the iray update a lot has changed over the years.
(Nov 24, 2016, 07:32 am)beenthere-donethat Wrote: I used Studio for a long time but continually ran headlong into it's limitations.  Now that Poser finally has a stable release (PPro11 SR5...and it's about fucking time Smith Micro!) I haven't opened Daz in months.

Not trying to start a war about Poser vs DS, but on the subject of manuals, Poser comes with a whacking great 1090 page manual plus a 270 page manual on PoserPython methods.

I guess it's a matter of you get what you pay for -

DAZ Studio - Free - Bad documentation

Poser - paid - Excellent documentation

---- or not pay for around here Dodgy

Just a pity that the creator of VWD didn't make a manual less like a DAZ manual and more like a Poser manual
Yeah, I reluctantly went from poser to daz because genesis 3 is awesome. Once iray came, poser went totally out the window. Renders that used to take days takes hours now. I just wish I had better than a gtx 960 lol, but it's plenty fast compared to CPU reality renders were, plus geografts stopped working right in reality for me. Started showing ugly glaring seams Sad

Poser dynamics room was always buggy, and slow and crashy for me, might be because I only have a first gen i5 though, not a very strong CPU. Daz pisses me off plenty though, there idea of documentation is let the users figure it out and make threads on the forum lol. And that bullshit about keeping their HD system under nondisclosure bullshit so I can't make my own HD stuff.
(Nov 24, 2016, 15:04 pm)Serpent2016 Wrote: Poser dynamics room was always buggy, and slow and crashy for me, might be because I only have a first gen i5 though, not a very strong CPU. Daz pisses me off plenty though, there idea of documentation is let the users figure it out and make threads on the forum lol. And that bullshit about keeping their HD system under nondisclosure bullshit so I can't make my own HD stuff.

Isn't that funny/odd/inexplicable.  I've used/fucked with Poser since it first appeared on a CD in the back of a gaming magazine (Poser 1) and always found it to be terribly unstable for me.  Whether on my home or at-work graphics work stations, it crashed and locked up constantly.  I used it for rigging and content creation but went with Studio as soon as it was released.  Studio was rock solid for me and I loved the interface but was frustrated with the stupid camera controls and horrible animation.  The lack of real dynamics and IK was also a deal breaker.  I even bought (Yes!...I actually paid for the fucking thing) Poser Pro 2014 assuming that I'd get extra help to make it run properly.  Boy was I wrong, and really wrong.  After a year with no success I finally asked for....no, demanded my money back.  They gave me some bullshit and refused.  The latest release (PPro 11 SR5) has been working like a champ for me (finally!) but I'll be fucked if I ever pay those bastards another dime.
....sorry...got off topic and carried away there....
I'm surprised that the HD tool has never been stolen/hacked/released into the wild.  This is one of the advantages of Poser.  They've always been quite open and encouraging about people hacking the program.  Many of it's capabilites came from folks screwing around with it.  I keep my eye on this ( http://www.manuelbastioni.com/manuellab.php ) in the hopes that the open source community jumps on it and runs.  With half a million new downloads every month, Blender stands a good chance of grinding both Studio and Poser into the ground.
(Nov 25, 2016, 08:03 am)beenthere-donethat Wrote: The latest release (PPro 11 SR5) has been working like a champ for me (finally!) but I'll be fucked if I ever pay those bastards another dime.

At the risk of derailing the thread too far (which I don't intend to) - have you got your head around / had success with Cycles / Superfly?

PM if you like to continue the discussion or perhaps we need a Poser sub-forum for those of us that haven't gone with the DAZ Juggernaut?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone help me with the monumental task of making sense of all these errors? vanteal 2 33,391 May 04, 2020, 16:38 pm
Last Post: rix6157
  Making Clothing for DAZ 5paceCat 10 35,162 Nov 24, 2016, 14:50 pm
Last Post: Serpent2016