Making the clothes flow with direction and gravity
(Nov 25, 2016, 14:49 pm)Fathead2016 Wrote: At the risk of derailing the thread too far (which I don't intend to) - have you got your head around / had success with Cycles / Superfly?
I like derailed threads as they often lead to the really interesting stuff.
Superfly is different but not so different that it's hard to use.  I did like Iray but didn't like that Daz kept information close to it's chest so that making shaders was (almost) reserved for content creators (more of the razor and blade marketing scheme).  There's a gent named Bagginsbill in the Poser forums who is quite free with his shader knowledge.  He's enabled folks to make excellent nylon material for stockings (yumm!).   I'm all for open source which is what Superfly is based on.
(Nov 26, 2016, 06:59 am)beenthere-donethat Wrote: Superfly is different but not so different that it's hard to use.  I did like Iray but didn't like that Daz kept information close to it's chest so that making shaders was (almost) reserved for content creators (more of the razor and blade marketing scheme).  There's a gent named Bagginsbill in the Poser forums who is quite free with his shader knowledge.  He's enabled folks to make excellent nylon material for stockings (yumm!).   I'm all for open source which is what Superfly is based on.

I only asked because I am now having some great success using the various tools now available EZSkin 3 and the cycles plugin and honestly looking at the results of Iray renders posted here, IMHO the  Cycles / Superfly / Physical Nodes are equal to or better than Iray particularly when it comes to skin - with the caveat of "once you get your head around it".

...Oh and the nylons material is great isn't it?
I get a great kick out of the endless/pointless/unsubstantiated/infantile/ridiculous and just downright stupid arguments over the best software/figure/renderer. Many folks can't get their head around the concept of just learning a package well. Almost any program will produce amazing renders with almost any figure (and I'm including Vicky Three) IF....a person spends the time to learn the damn thing. I've seen renders of Vicky Three done with Poser 8 that where easily as realistic as those done in the latest and greatest. It took the person a lot longer and a lot more fiddling and a lot more experience, but he/she/it did it.

Oops, gotta go. The latest episode of 'The Grand Tour' just popped into my seedbox (an ETTV HD rip, 4.5Gb). I've got a Newkie Brown Ale cooling on the window sill and a bag of crisps waiting. I just love those gents.
I found this while searching for how to make clothes move... 
http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing-control
(Feb 23, 2017, 01:42 am)L84Dinner Wrote: I found this while searching for how to make clothes move... 
http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-clothing-control

This is on the site I shared it a while ago.
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/1589097...0.15_Win64

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone help me with the monumental task of making sense of all these errors? vanteal 2 33,391 May 04, 2020, 16:38 pm
Last Post: rix6157
  Making Clothing for DAZ 5paceCat 10 35,162 Nov 24, 2016, 14:50 pm
Last Post: Serpent2016