MST3K DVD Cleanup Project: 101 & 910 audio fixes
Hi All. In one of the threads for jocksinclair's restoration of old mst3k episodes someone requested that I also post his other mst3k fixes as well.

link: https://mega.nz/folder/Hg1wHI6Q#0D9THUlvEDBq7PcK2FT9lA

jocksinclair's original post:

Quote:I saw a guy on Reddit who posted a version of "Crawling Eye" on Archive.org.  His is good enough that I probably would not have done my own if I had heard his, but I had already finished mine, and I'm pretty sure mine is cleaner, so it prompted me to post it here.

So what is this?  Two of the Shout DVDs have nothing particularly wrong with the video, but have problems with the audio.  So I've cleaned up the audio tracks; these can be muxed in with DVD video and they will be in sync.

101 - "The Crawling Eye" - Shout's DVD release is missing one of the tracks which should be included in the proper final mix, what might be called the "sound effects and incidental music" track is completely absent from all of the host segments.  The most noticeable thing is the lack of "Movie Sign" sounds -- Joel actually comments on it on his intro on the DVD; he says the episode was so old that they hadn't put them in yet, but he was wrong, it was just a mistake with the DVD production.  (There's a copy of the premiere broadcast on Youtube if you don't believe me.)  [EDIT: Apparently, not *quite* the premiere broadcast, but early enough anyway.]  There are also sound effects for several props, including music from the keyboard right before they send the movie over, and the camera remote that Forrester is using in the beginning.  What really bugs me is the lack of room tone, it makes the whole show sound unprofessional (moreso than usual).  Anyway, I pulled together a few sources of original recordings to try and get it as clean as I could; all of the host segments have to be completely replaced, but actually the "clean" audio is still useful as sort of a clean topping (the "electric bagpipe" would sound really bad if it was *just* VHS sourced).

910 - "The Final Sacrifice" - this one has a bunch of weird tone hits around 19 or 20 minutes in.  It's not a huge fix, but hey, it's not a huge file either.  Better to have it fixed, right?  I filled in the missing bits with clean audio (it was a while ago, but I'm gonna say my source on that was probably DAP).  

Feel free to share these with other fans -- KEEP SPREADING THE TAPES and all that.  Just don't profit off it.
Thanks again!  Big Grin
Thanks for the fixes. I synced them with no problems. 

I can totally hear the changes in 101 - great job. 

I cannot tell the difference in 910 -  You say "weird tone hits around 19 or 20 minutes".  What tones? The "popping noises"?  I hear those sounds in the fixed version as well. 

Just curious what the exact changes were in 910. 

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Blackwell Ghost 6 for a riffing project itsizz 10 581 1 hour ago
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  New Youtube account with MST3K episodes subtitled Gordon 3 726 Apr 12, 2024, 17:34 pm
Last Post: eskaton
  REQ: MST3K Tribute to...I Accuse My Parents and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank moondoggy1111 18 9,659 Apr 07, 2024, 18:41 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  (Request) MST3K Doctor Mordrid (premiere/event) BlueThev 0 346 Apr 06, 2024, 17:35 pm
Last Post: BlueThev
  Bride and the Beast unriffed audio BudgetBits 0 304 Apr 05, 2024, 20:42 pm
Last Post: BudgetBits