Looking for a romance novel like The Idiot by Dostoevsky or Father's and son's by Tur
im looking for a complex romantic novel where the guy doesn't get the girl Big Grin but i don't like cheesy stuff...it has to be tightly written... i don't care much about philosophy in novel but the storytelling has to be top notch Big Grin
Do you want recommendations or a link?

Never mind.

You might want to try Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Romeo thinks Juliet is dead so he kills himself.

Whatever your beliefs in an afterlife exist or not, they won't spend their lives on Earth together.

Don't know if that matches your criteria.
(Dec 16, 2017, 22:36 pm)RobertX Wrote: Do you want recommendations or a link?

Never mind.

You might want to try Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Romeo thinks Juliet is dead so he kills himself.

Whatever your beliefs in an afterlife exist or not, they won't spend their lives on Earth together.

Don't know if that matches your criteria.

I want recommendation but if the book is rare I'll appreciate a link Big Grin

sorry for not being specific because i wasn't 100% sure i would get a good response Big Grin

Anyways no ! im looking for something where a guy loves a girl and but the girl doesn't loves him back / or loves him but cant be with him...Something like suffering of young werther by Goethe (but it was loosely written)

thank you for responding Smile
A guy loves a girl who doesn't love him back?

Sounds like me. Smile
This is a bit unusual, but I guess that's what you wanted. 'The Collector', by John Fowles. Not quite the same subject as Dostoevsky, but just as well written. More of a man obsessed with a woman. There is also another of his novels, 'The French Lieutenant's Woman', more similar to Dostoevsky, sort of. Lol.

They are both so different than anything else, it's hard to compare, but they are both incredible, and about a man who can't truly have the woman he wants. And two of the best books I've ever read. So read them anyway. Big Grin

https://www.thepiratebay.org/search/john...les/0/99/0

One of the other books there, 'The Magus' is also amazing. I never read 'The Ebony Tower'. In a strange way, 'The Magus' is also about a girl a man can't get. But it's a lot more complicated than that.
(Dec 18, 2017, 02:04 am)RobertX Wrote: A guy loves a girl who doesn't love him back?

Sounds like me. Smile

You should read then passions and impression by neruda and cry your eyes out like i did Big Grin workerbee has just uploaded a good eBook ver Smile

(Dec 18, 2017, 06:33 am)joew771 Wrote: This is a bit unusual, but I guess that's what you wanted. 'The Collector', by John Fowles. Not quite the same subject as Dostoevsky, but just as well written. More of a man obsessed with a woman. There is also another of his novels, 'The French Lieutenant's Woman', more similar to Dostoevsky, sort of. Lol.

They are both so different than anything else, it's hard to compare, but they are both incredible, and about a man who can't truly have the woman he wants. And two of the best books I've ever read. So read them anyway. Big Grin

https://www.thepiratebay.org/search/john...les/0/99/0

One of the other books there, 'The Magus' is also amazing. I never read 'The Ebony Tower'. In a strange way, 'The Magus' is also about a girl a man can't get. But it's a lot more complicated than that.
although i think of sartre and Camus as french dodo's nevertheless they can influence some good novelist hehe...

im amazed by those three works you mentioned and all three of them peaked my interest (which is rare) ...thank you soo much for such a wonderful response Smile
i really appreciate it Big Grin
I didn't mention Camus. But I did read one of his books 'The Plague', which was great. Nothing to do with what we are talking about, but I just thought I'd mention it. Smile

But I did think of one other book that fits your criteria. 'The Bridges of Madison County'. Almost the textbook of man not getting woman. It's amazing. So is the movie btw.
(Dec 18, 2017, 08:38 am)joew771 Wrote: I didn't mention Camus. But I did read one of his books 'The Plague', which was great. Nothing to do with what we are talking about, but I just thought I'd mention it. Smile

But I did think of one other book that fits your criteria. 'The Bridges of Madison County'. Almost the textbook of man not getting woman. It's amazing. So is the movie btw.
Fowles is highly influenced by camus and sartre Big Grin that's what i was talking about Big Grin I've only read camus stranger but im not sure if i liked it or not....just requested his notebooks so lets see if it will match my expectations Big Grin

Im gonna read all those three books by fowls you mentioned... just downloaded them too... Big Grin
The Great Gatsby? Daisy isn't worthy of his love or his sacrifice.

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/f/fitzger...tt/gatsby/
(Dec 20, 2017, 01:05 am)Philidor Wrote: The Great Gatsby? Daisy isn't worthy of his love or his sacrifice.

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/f/fitzger...tt/gatsby/

Thank you but I've already read it twice Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crime Novel Suggestions Zorba 1 19,046 Aug 22, 2018, 16:23 pm
Last Post: Zenodotus_the_Ephesian