Just My Opinion
There are no rules really, you can watch things anyway you want.  On a TV, projector, a computer screen or laptop or even compress it down even further and watch it on a small device like a phone.  I never said there's rules involved you just watch it how you want.  Yes I do have a TV myself, the screen isn't massive but I find that it looks good enough for me.  The picture does look decent enough and yes exactly right the bigger the screen the more quality it needs to be really.  Also the bigger the screen the bigger the room you need to put it in.

There's so many factors involved, so many differences like how new your TV is.  The technology it has, the settings your using it just goes on and on.  You can't always expect people to sit there downloading massive file size torrents because people don't have enough room with their storage.  Yes UHD is good but it really is large in size which is one reason why I'm not so keen to use it at the moment.  Internet time and storage costs money so you can't be expected to have 1 movie that's about 60 gigabytes or whatever it turns out to be.  Sometimes working with smaller sizes makes it easier for people to download.  The internet is pretty good now, it could be better.  Internet speeds will eventually improve over a period of time.  It really depends on how much you pay and what kind of service you subscribe to.  Also TVs are good and you can spend a huge amount of money if you want.  It can really be big money and people can't always afford the latest and greatest as it's too much these days and besides people are concerned about the current situation with the virus problem so people are even worried about getting their work going and going out to earn money again.  Buying big TVs is not exactly a major priority at the moment, more concerning is actually putting food on the table for your family.
(May 15, 2020, 21:20 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: There are no rules really, you can watch things anyway you want.  On a TV, projector, a computer screen or laptop or even compress it down even further and watch it on a small device like a phone.  I never said there's rules involved you just watch it how you want.  Yes I do have a TV myself, the screen isn't massive but I find that it looks good enough for me.  The picture does look decent enough and yes exactly right the bigger the screen the more quality it needs to be really.  Also the bigger the screen the bigger the room you need to put it in.

There's so many factors involved, so many differences like how new your TV is.  The technology it has, the settings your using it just goes on and on.  You can't always expect people to sit there downloading massive file size torrents because people don't have enough room with their storage.  Yes UHD is good but it really is large in size which is one reason why I'm not so keen to use it at the moment.  Internet time and storage costs money so you can't be expected to have 1 movie that's about 60 gigabytes or whatever it turns out to be.  Sometimes working with smaller sizes makes it easier for people to download.  The internet is pretty good now, it could be better.  Internet speeds will eventually improve over a period of time.  It really depends on how much you pay and what kind of service you subscribe to.  Also TVs are good and you can spend a huge amount of money if you want.  It can really be big money and people can't always afford the latest and greatest as it's too much these days and besides people are concerned about the current situation with the virus problem so people are even worried about getting their work going and going out to earn money again.  Buying big TVs is not exactly a major priority at the moment, more concerning is actually putting food on the table for your family.
I bought my big screen tv before the virus came out. I am financially able to not have to sell my time for money.
I do not have a family therefore I do not have the responsibility or concerns of it. I have great internet the best money can buy in my area and I have a nice seedbox. I can download as many as I like when I like.
I have thousands of movies and music videos...the largest is 17 gigs. They have to be of the utmost highest quality for me to keep them at that size. I look for the best video and audio at the smallest size possible for my collection. I collect only for me.
And a job or finding a job is going to be the least of their worries for what is soon to be coming upon this earth.
So I would advise you to do as I...enjoy it while it last.

The good ole days are gone.
I'm sorry if I sound infringing on that part of free speech, I really am, but really, if you are truly dissatisfied, you should be happy that you didn't expend more than 40 or so dollars on mediocre works based on shoddy marketing and ethics.

Also, at least you can actually watch those movies; one of my computers is bought in 2006 and another one in 2018. Nether of those can run modern video files very well.

You're welcome to vent your spleen on anything here, but is anyone going to take you seriously?
@QS

You are fortunate enough to be financially independant, and frugal enough not to waste your money on the current cultural crapola.
It is also good news that you have the means to be an archivist for the highest quality video warez.
Many of us do not.

You seem to have a pessimistic view of the future, which considering our milieu - is quite appropriate.
Advise keeping your storage drives in a faraday cage.
(May 16, 2020, 01:01 am)waregim Wrote: @QS

You are fortunate enough to be financially independant, and frugal enough not to waste your money on the current cultural crapola.
It is also good news that you have the means to be an archivist for the highest quality video warez.
Many of us do not.

You seem to have a pessimistic view of the future, which considering our milieu - is quite appropriate.
Advise keeping your storage drives in a faraday cage.
This never dawned on me I just assumed you all were just like me.
Due to this whole conversation on here I am going to have to rethink my thinking
on a lot of things that I think about myself and others I come in contact.

Thank you all very much for the insightful conversation.

QiikSand

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just how good is a VPN at hiding your identity? Ladyanne3 21 17,934 Aug 22, 2022, 18:25 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Just thought I'd share this since some guy on reddit says he can't ioio32l 2 14,781 Aug 06, 2021, 19:46 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Just My Thoughts Medbay 4 12,558 Nov 30, 2019, 17:37 pm
Last Post: waregim
  are you a pirate just to save a few bucks ?? or is it your ideology mrvv 47 74,503 Apr 11, 2019, 02:03 am
Last Post: shibazmalic
  Free opinion/roast without lawsuits (facebook, etc...) HighBorn 7 16,986 Mar 21, 2018, 00:21 am
Last Post: dueda