JFJ Easy Pro
About "varies," I might want to know what is your machine specs, and what is the longest that the operation takes?

By the way, do you burn the video into another disc? That's what I do. Smile
No, I don't burn the discs. I just use Plex to watch them on my other TV's, and I share them on TPB.

I've had the ripping/transcoding take 4 hour, and I've had it take 16 hours. I use an older machine for this, which I found for free at an ewaste. It has an 6 core processor at 2.6GHz and turbo at 3.1GHz with 6GB of RAM.
Cool.

You should call yourself "Library Pirate." Big Grin
DVD is limited to 480p. If there is no other source available, in the case of a TV series that was never released on blu-ray, etc, then it makes sense to rip the DVD. Otherwise, 480p is outdated. Makes no sense to rip movies from DVD.
(Oct 04, 2018, 06:33 am)politux Wrote: Makes no sense to rip movies from DVD.

For old hardware and old people it is still good; also small size = more titles. But, of course, 1080p HEVC is much better and not so big.
This machine does bluray too, but you rarely ever need it for that. Actually, I've never needed to use it for bluray.

(Oct 04, 2018, 06:33 am)politux Wrote: DVD is limited to 480p. If there is no other source available, in the case of a TV series that was never released on blu-ray, etc, then it makes sense to rip the DVD. Otherwise, 480p is outdated.  Makes no sense to rip movies from DVD.

That's just circular reasoning.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pirating used to be easy but now you have to outsmart them Ladyanne3 7 8,521 Dec 08, 2022, 03:07 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  When Piracy Gets Too Easy, Expect a Big Response Ernesto 5 16,354 Apr 26, 2018, 07:40 am
Last Post: ill88eagle
  FACT Closes More Torrent and Usenet Sites, and Makes it Look Easy Ernesto 0 8,305 Mar 01, 2014, 07:08 am
Last Post: Ernesto