Italy: Mortgage payments suspended during coronavirus lockdown
Finally, a government showing some common sense and compassion for its people.

I'm sure this includes rent payments as well.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mortgage payments will be suspended across Italy as the Italian government places the population on lockdown because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Quote:Asked about the possibility of mortgage payments being temporarily frozen, the country's deputy finance minister, Laura Castelli, said on Tuesday, "Yes, that will be the case, for individuals and households."

The Italian government has placed Italy's more than 60 million people under lockdown, extending emergency measures initially imposed only on northern regions as it struggled to stop the coronavirus from spreading.

Quote:In a press conference on Monday, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte told people to "stay at home" and banned public gatherings.

"There is no more time. I will take responsibility for these measures. Our future is in our hands," he said.

Italy is grappling with the worst coronavirus outbreak outside of China; its death toll jumped to 463 people on Monday from 366. The total number of confirmed cases rose by 24%, to 9,172, with 724 people having fully recovered, the head of the civil protection agency said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavi...?r=US&IR=T
I'm afraid those times will return back. There are a lot of new cases in Italy at the moment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inflation in Italy highest since 1984 Resurgence 0 5,768 Nov 17, 2022, 13:32 pm
Last Post: Resurgence
  Rector of the Holy Dormition Church in Donetsk wounded during shelling Resurgence 0 6,395 Jun 29, 2022, 01:08 am
  Venezuela and Iran sign 20-year cooperation deal during Maduro visit Resurgence 0 5,379 Jun 11, 2022, 23:26 pm
  DPR: 117 children and minors killed in Ukrainian bombings during 8 years Resurgence 0 5,529 May 31, 2022, 01:38 am
  Russian forces take out FH-70 howitzers transferred to Ukraine from Italy Resurgence 0 4,943 May 31, 2022, 01:21 am