Is this Clickbait?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVAGBrnCeJ4

It seems that Microsoft have finally lost it!

For those who don't want to watch the video, Microsoft has decided that the people should now pay for a certain processor to keep up.

I'm thinking of putting GNU/Linux on this computer too.

Pardon my language, but fuck.
Certainly Linux>Win but I can't bring myself to start seriously using it on a daily basis I don't know nothing about it and figuring it out seem could take ages and I'm not ready for it right now but some day..
https://linuxmint.com ---> Linux Mint

If you are a beginner, start using this. It behaves like any operating system, its GUI is similar to Windows, and it's not rock science to get the hang of it.

That's the OS I use. People say that if you get more experience, you might benefit from a more powerful OS like Arch Linux, but I just use Linux Mint all the same.

In my last visit to a forum, they said that it's the Intel Core 2 Duo that are not compatible with the Server version of Windows, not the Pro/Home types of Windows 11, and that Microsoft have started doing this at it before my news. I don't know what to believe any more.

I'm not sure what I missed, but if they are going to do this all the way, they're feeding GNU/Linux more users with the expense of their own profits. I think they'll renege on this stupid, stupid plan.
Yeah I've been using Linux Mint on the laptop then I switched to Debian because Mint no longer supports x86 CPUs on my main PC I use win7 and still happy with it
(Nov 09, 2023, 02:15 am)RobertX Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVAGBrnCeJ4

It seems that Microsoft have finally lost it!

For those who don't want to watch the video, Microsoft has decided that the people should now pay for a certain processor to keep up.

I'm thinking of putting GNU/Linux on this computer too.

Pardon my language, but fuck.

I'm running 3 different systems.
Windows, Linux and Apple

It's almost impossible to get away from Windows because every idiot makes products purely for it.   Linux is stable and fast but it does a lousy job running windows garbage. Sadly, similar programs made for linux tend to also be lousy with often a steep learning curve.

As for Apple... I hate the product with every bone in my body.  But, I keep one machine just so I can check how websites, etc. behave in Apple's enviroment.
(Nov 17, 2023, 11:11 am)Ladyanne3 Wrote: I'm running 3 different systems.
Windows, Linux and Apple

It's almost impossible to get away from Windows because every idiot makes products purely for it.   Linux is stable and fast but it does a lousy job running windows garbage. Sadly, similar programs made for linux tend to also be lousy with often a steep learning curve.

As for Apple... I hate the product with every bone in my body.  But, I keep one machine just so I can check how websites, etc. behave in Apple's enviroment.

And there in brief you have it, folks.  Ladyanne wins the thread.  Everyone else can go home now.