Is there a way to if a game will work on a 32bit system before I download it?
Is there a way to tell if a game will work on a 32bit computer?
I've downloaded several games that work on my 64bit PC but when I try to install it on my 32bit laptop I get a system not compatible error.
Is there a way to if a game will work on a 32bit system before I download it?
How old is your laptop that it's only 32bit? And why are you playing games for children?
I guess you need to read the comments put out by the uploader before you download it, namely the system spec requirements.
Some will some won't. One way is to go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri on the system you want to run it on. You will be asked to install a small program probably.

I have an older crap compter, (but 64 bit Tongue), and it will analyze your system, and tell you if you can run the game or not. I've used it quite a few times.

Tbh, idk if it works for 32 vs. 64 bit or not, but it probably does.
I've used "Can you run it" and it's other iterations many times. I didn't consider it for my purposes here because the games I want to check are pirated. I didn't think it through because that should not make any difference at all.
Thank you very much it's a great solution for me.
It won't refuse service just because your games are pirated.

Mines are pirated too.
Ehh... I've found that http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ is quite often dead wrong; I've run several games successfully on my laptop (with discrete nVidia 360M video card) that it told me wouldn't run at all ^^' . Skyrim is a good example, which not only runs, but runs reasonably well.

You're best served by simply googling the game's site and finding out what the publisher says.
(Jan 02, 2017, 01:05 am)Bozobub Wrote: Ehh...  I've found that http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ is quite often dead wrong; I've run several games successfully on my laptop (with discrete nVidia 360M video card) that it told me wouldn't run at all ^^' .  Skyrim is a good example, which not only runs, but runs reasonably well.  

You're best served by simply  googling the game's site and finding out what the publisher says.

I've had the same thing happen to me, that site will tell me I can't run something, and I actually can, but not that often, and it's a good start at least. I've had some I checked that because of the results I obviously couldn't run (don't know why I checked some of the in the first place, I knew I couldn't run them Big Grin), but it's not a bad tool.

The best way obviously is to dl it and see if it works or not.

Sometimes all you need to do is change some graphics settings, compatability settings, etc. and it may work.
They should have a "if I can run it at 30fps and medium to high settings, then im ok!" mentallity instead of "I WANT IT TO RUN AT 200FPS AT THE FRIGGING HIGHEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS YA C**T!!!" Tongue

Anyways, how come you got a 32-bit systems? the only reason against 64-bit is if you still run Windows XP. Hardware-wise, all systems have been 64-bit since atleast mid 2005

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't use Project 64: There is a vulnerability! RobertX 0 559 Feb 27, 2024, 06:23 am
Last Post: RobertX
  The Guess the Game Game Suprbay 62 217,913 Jan 26, 2024, 18:14 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Which are some good websites to download game torrents? sammartin8935 20 47,388 Jan 26, 2024, 16:50 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Any Way Around the Initial Downloads Prompt? RobertX 3 5,990 Oct 19, 2023, 21:33 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Can Banned XBOX 360s Still Play on System Link RobertX 1 6,994 Nov 26, 2022, 18:56 pm
Last Post: Reddy