Is it Illegal for me to download torrents?
Just wondering is it illegal for me in Australia to download movies or games of piratebay, and if so what are the chances ill get in trouble for it?
A VPN will decrease your chances of being caught anywhere. Here's a list of VPNs that will protect you from copyright trolls (https://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-servi...on-140315/)
I use AirVPN they are not cheap but the best
(Apr 26, 2014, 00:16 am)nachos999110 Wrote: Just wondering is it illegal for me in Australia to download movies or games of piratebay, and if so what are the chances ill get in trouble for it?

it depends on what you are downloading: if you are downloading copyrighted material, then yeah, it's illegal.

the odds of you getting in trouble are low but not impossible... you live in a country with some horrible, and dangerous creatures; if they start sending you letters in which demands for money or restitution are made, just ignore them.
I think what I might do is when im going to download something. Buy myself 3 days on AirVPN then download all my stuff during that 3 days.
(Apr 26, 2014, 03:48 am)nachos999110 Wrote: I think what I might do is when im going to download something. Buy myself 3 days on AirVPN then download all my stuff during that 3 days.

LOL yes you can do that But Because you will be a new user and only with a 3 day pass they will be watching you as far as Bandwidth goes LOL

But you'll be ok

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illegal mining footprint swells nearly 500% inside Brazil Indigenous territories Resurgence 0 4,677 May 22, 2022, 17:47 pm
Last Post: Resurgence
  Illegal donkey skin trade is a ‘trojan horse’ for wildlife trafficking Resurgence 0 4,266 May 14, 2022, 00:09 am
  “It can’t be illegal to help a people”: The persecution of Alex Saab Resurgence 0 4,064 Feb 20, 2022, 21:00 pm
  Brazil: Illegal mining on Indigenous land increased almost 500% over the last decade Resurgence 0 5,838 Aug 31, 2021, 23:36 pm
  Bitcoin ban: These are the countries where crypto is restricted or illegal Resurgence 0 5,069 Aug 30, 2021, 23:04 pm