Is PC-PC Torrent Private?
Hi,
My question: Is PC-PC Torrenting private?
My Explanation: Suppose [b]PC-A[/b] is in US and [b]PC-B[/b] is in Canada. [b]PC-A[/b] uploads/seeds a file via torrent client. [b]PC-B[/b] downloads/receives the file via torrent download. Provided that no third PC downloads the same torrent, is this communication safe from prying eyes like ISPs and other privacy invaders?

I have searched the forum but couldn't find the same question or information regarding this.
I have family pics which I want to upload and download only between two PCs.

Is that possible?
1-1 direct torrenting is possible but won't give any benefit - Just send the file thru the network via e-mail, FTP, shared desktop, OneDrive, or other means. To optimize speed and allow pause/resume transmission, most options will do.

Creating a private torrent won't make you invisible; even if you don't use trackers, your IP will be seen by the DHT network when the torrent is active. Also, ISPs and hackers can do "traffic shape analysis" and see you're torrenting by the size and frequency of data packets you're sending/receiving. "Private" means only authorized peers will get the data.

Anyway, it's a good idea to set your torrent client encryption to "Prefered ON" (request encrypted connections, but accept unencrypted too) or even "Forced ON" (reject any unencrypted connection). Also it's a good idea to use a VPN, Tor, or both. Check the forums.
Basically, everything that dueda said is spot on.

But I would like to ask, safe in what way? If you are worried someone might intercept your photos, you could encrypt them first and then create a torrent of it. Then, no one who does not have the encryption key would be able to view the files, even if they somehow got the .torrent file and downloaded it. Same thing could be done with other file sharing methods as well, like those mentioned by dueda.
@dueda
Dear, I appreciate your response and ideas. I literally mean it...
What will ISP see? That torrenting is on the go? or the contents of the torrent as well?
Suppose I live in an area with extreme government intervention and no freedom of speech.
I need to transfer data from one point to another. From a country where ISPs and GOVT doesn't care to a country where information is heretical.
But the sender internet connection is slow and it might be disconnected several times.
Thus it needs to be something robust.
Another scenario is when some information is downloaded in free country but as we do it, we know ISPs and agencies know which IP is doing it by also joining the torrent (that's what I know... maybe wrong)

If the communication between FREE and Suppressed PCs is private such that either no one knows whats going on or at most that torrent sharing is going on but no information on data transfer, then it might bring some solution.

There is no third PC going to be connected to same torrent. One is sending while other is receiving. How private is this?

I need your kind guidance on it as well.

P.S. Is this possible to torrent directly to some cloud drive? How safe and private would that be? As https://www.techjunkie.com/download-torr...gle-drive/
All internet traffic gets routed through ISP's. ISP's, in theory, can monitor any traffic that is going through them. They know the IP address of the sender and the receiver, the protocol being used, and if the information is not encrypted, they can even see the information. If the information is encrypted, they won't be able to determine what the actual content of that traffic is. ISP's don't need to connect to the swarm to know torrenting is going on.

So, if you encrypted a file and then created a torrent of it, the ISP's could tell that something was being torrented between two IP addresses, and that data was being sent, but they wouldn't be able read the actual files due to the encryption.

It is true that third parties, like copyright trolls and such, can get IP info by connecting to swarms. That can be mitigated by using proxies and/or VPN's so they can't see your IP address.
(Aug 06, 2019, 20:35 pm)Headbanger Wrote: All internet traffic gets routed through ISP's. ISP's, in theory, can monitor any traffic that is going through them. They know the IP address of the sender and the receiver, the protocol being used, and if the information is not encrypted, they can even see the information. If the information is encrypted, they won't be able to determine what the actual content of that traffic is. ISP's don't need to connect to the swarm to know torrenting is going on.

So, if you encrypted a file and then created a torrent of it, the ISP's could tell that something was being torrented between two IP addresses, and that data was being sent, but they wouldn't be able read the actual files due to the encryption.

It is true that third parties, like copyright trolls and such, can get IP info by connecting to swarms. That can be mitigated by using proxies and/or VPN's so they can't see your IP address.

Many thanks. I got my answer. I am indebted.

One more thing. Kind of out topic. I saw a service seedr.cc which downloads torrent on cloud. But what if a computer starts downloading from seedr.cc, it will make it fishy. ISPs and agencies would know that seedr.cc is being contacted again and again. One possible solution is cloud to cloud transfer of data from seedr.cc to Mega.nz. 
Do you suggest such a thing? 
Or if there is a better service you know (better than seedr.cc) please guide me about that. 

As this is off topic. Even if you don't reply I am still indebted to you. 
Thank you really, very much.
I am not familiar with those kinds of services.
Thanks Headbanger. I too am not familiar with any services, basic torrent is my thing.

Consider breaking big data into parts - Use 7ZIP or other tool to compress and encrypt and slice the results into a bunch of data packs with absurd, unrelated names (like "The 321 A 775" and "kangaroo 3 alpha 999" and "I am not me"). Send them on different times, dates, places; don't use the same IP neither the same machine if you can. Try to use VPN! Torrent and FTP request both parties to be on at the same time, this can make you easier to spot. So cloud sounds better. To be safer, don't put them all into one service/account, use many. Use anonymous pay (btc, eth, monero, etc) if needed.

You could look for hacking / data smuggling / spycraft courses, there should be some books around.

Glad we could help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Private Flight Schedules websites TAP Portugal 0 6,333 Aug 11, 2022, 19:12 pm
Last Post: TAP Portugal
  Private Key / CA ROOT mitinik_br 0 7,371 Jan 18, 2022, 09:39 am
Last Post: mitinik_br
  Your connection is not private Mountain Mike 2 11,233 Jul 09, 2020, 23:54 pm
Last Post: Mountain Mike
  How a Private ‘Anime’ Torrent Tracker Became an Essential Tool For Facebook Ernesto 0 10,951 Feb 16, 2015, 14:29 pm
Last Post: Ernesto
  Private vpn server!!! smartkid 0 8,986 Oct 27, 2014, 13:51 pm
Last Post: smartkid