Is Educationis important in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Aug 26, 2017, 18:40 pm)contrail Wrote: Yes. How else will we stop the greedy monopolies of the world!  Huh

I think THAT is a part of life that we will have to accept and deal with. Education/intelligence is a tool to give you a happy life in spite of all the BS that's going around in the world...
Down with private schools.

I'd launch a full-scale assault on their privates!
Edumacation is overrated.
(Aug 26, 2017, 21:28 pm)LZA Wrote:
(Aug 26, 2017, 18:40 pm)contrail Wrote: Yes. How else will we stop the greedy monopolies of the world!  Huh

I think THAT is a part of life that we will have to accept and deal with. Education/intelligence is a tool to give you a happy life in spite of all the BS that's going around in the world...

Agree. 
It can/may also be a deadly tool.  Big Grin
(Aug 26, 2017, 21:28 pm)LZA Wrote:

Education is a great tool to make the world better / happier place. But I think it is not education what is currently lacking to make people happier. Also, Lisa Simpson apparently disagrees with you Big Grin

[Image: Lisa+Inteligence+and+Happiness.jpg]
Wisdom and intelligence aren't the same.

- A clever person will have better perception, thus notices a lot of wrong stuff - Both big and small, by moral or logic.
- A wise one will display better understanding in context, deal with that and know being happy, or reaching for it, is better.
(Sep 20, 2018, 10:42 am)dueda Wrote: Wisdom and intelligence aren't the same.

- A clever person will have better perception, thus notices a lot of wrong stuff - Both big and small, by moral or logic.
- A wise one will display better understanding in context, deal with that and know being happy, or reaching for it, is better.

Well said.

And when it comes to intelligence, it's not what you have but how you use it. You can have a genius IQ but if you act retarded, it makes your intelligence irrelevant. And vice versa.

I'd rather try for wisdom... Wisdom is intelligence+experience. Intelligence is just a perception anyway. Intelligence can change, it's knowing that what you know, you may not actually know. it's about modifying your "intelligence" by always being open to the fact that what you know is not all there is. That can only occur through wisdom.

Didn't Neil DeGreese Tyson (not sure of the name spelling) Say most people are smart enough to know what they know is right, but not smart enough to know what they know could be wrong? something like that...
(Sep 20, 2018, 11:30 am)LZA Wrote: Didn't Neil DeGreese Tyson (not sure of the name spelling) Say most people are smart enough to know what they know is right, but not smart enough to know what they know could be wrong?  something like that...

Sounds like a dutch name, and gives me headache; recirculatory self-negating logic, like "Declare Void(Null) -> Self Recursive"?
In fact, most people think they're right and don't like (maybe they're afraid of) saying they may be not. Ironically it's common in adults.
(Sep 20, 2018, 11:43 am)dueda Wrote:
(Sep 20, 2018, 11:30 am)LZA Wrote: Didn't Neil DeGreese Tyson (not sure of the name spelling) Say most people are smart enough to know what they know is right, but not smart enough to know what they know could be wrong?  something like that...

Sounds like a dutch name, and gives me headache; recirculatory self-negating logic, like "Declare Void(Null) -> Self Recursive"?
In fact, most people think they're right and don't like (maybe they're afraid of) saying they may be not. Ironically it's common in adults.

We gotta be careful this doesn't get thrown into the void. Since Dueda and LZA are philosophizing about intelligence! HAHHAAHAH.

But I agree. The ego and fear of being wrong is a HUGE hinderance in gaining wisdom... And it's the culture of most people to think that a person's viewpoint is his actual identity. Ben Shapiro says: People think Ideology is the same as identity, and instead of disagreeing with points, they disagree with the people themselves. Then debates become personal attacks, which makes no sense. People are afraid that when they are called wrong, they are being called stupid (and on social media, they pretty much are). If people knew how to actually argue, it would be done more since the ego would not be injured and people would be freer to make their points without judgment. Also, what the plebs don't understand is people can have completely different viewpoints and still be correct. MOst people think debates are (right and wrong) when it really can be an exchange of perceptions.
The frenchs debate everywhere, it's kinds talking about weather for them. It even may be the etmology source for debauchery, which is a mockery debate.
I believe the germans also have the habit of discussing things, but maybe not as much as an entertaining activity, they're more rational; the Italians sure do debate a lot, but it's very much personal and usually ends on the "pernacchia", while in Brazil people friendly talk about anything with anyone, antagonic opinions will very possibly end in violence.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Life Well Pondered medina_w 0 3,224 Aug 12, 2023, 11:07 am
Last Post: medina_w
  Is total Ratio important or ISP address? hulkbuster 12 13,856 Aug 25, 2022, 11:23 am
Last Post: Slow Mo
  How to request getting a post pinned as an Important Threads in a subforum community? bsg4you 1 11,976 Sep 24, 2021, 21:45 pm
Last Post: stormium
  Life is but a dream. The Forbidden Ways. Future 68 119,500 Aug 23, 2021, 15:22 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  FELLO PIRATES IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOU BITCOIN iammikelarry 2 18,540 Apr 28, 2021, 09:25 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker