I now pirate for ethical and moral reasons.
Without getting into my politics,

There are some entertainment companies that have expressed their support for certain social issues.  Personally, I believe that a business should remain neutral and not alienate anyone or group regardless of their beliefs or opinions.

So those companies claim that piracy hurts their profits.... Well I'm downloading them now!!!  If what they say is true then I'm doing my part to hurt their profit margins.
You should be a motivational speaker!
(Jun 23, 2020, 20:46 pm)soulcity Wrote: Personally, I believe that a business should remain neutral and not alienate anyone or group regardless of their beliefs or opinions.

In fact, most businesses do exactly that.  As Michael Jordan famously said, "Republicans buy gym shoes, too."
soulcity, what drove you to do that?

I like to pirate, but I don't claim to do it for "moral and ethical" reasons, although I do plan on spinning a few Reminbi for AnyDVD and ConvertXtoDVD.

I'm not judging you, but is it that important?
That only works if you were actually planning to buy the product. Otherwise it is just an empty gesture.
What, for me or soulcity?
This is why I pirate everything
Welcome to the club. Smile
Yes, buying MP3s is counter-revolutionary!
(Jun 24, 2020, 16:17 pm)RobertX Wrote: soulcity, what drove you to do that?
I've got a long list of things that have made me angry. However, the straw that broke the camel's back is all these idiot companies supporting BLM.

(Jun 24, 2020, 15:27 pm)CaptButler Wrote: In fact, most businesses do exactly that.  As Michael Jordan famously said, "Republicans buy gym shoes, too."

Those are the only companies I"m doing business with these days.

(Jun 25, 2020, 21:10 pm)RobertX Wrote: Yes, buying MP3s is counter-revolutionary!

It's an outdated format but I still use it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've got a moral delima Ladyanne3 5 387 Mar 22, 2024, 17:51 pm
Last Post: LZA
  Youtube is really sucking right now Ladyanne3 7 1,494 Jan 17, 2024, 20:25 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Pirating used to be easy but now you have to outsmart them Ladyanne3 7 8,516 Dec 08, 2022, 03:07 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  "The Rise and Fall of the Pirate Bay" RobertX 6 14,514 Apr 18, 2022, 22:57 pm
Last Post: lilianfortier
  Five Reasons NOT to Switch to GNU/Linux RobertX 9 16,863 Dec 24, 2020, 03:58 am
Last Post: waregim