How to repair CD rips with CUETools
Sometimes a FLAC file can have a glitch, an audible error. If you check the log file it'll look like this:
Show Content

Many times the log file show errors that are NOT audible. There are discrepancies with the databases, but they are small and not noticiable. They exist, but are not audible.

In this example the glitch is clearly audible. If the CUETools database shows "differs in XXXX samples", it can be corrected. If it shows "No match", the error is too big and can not be repaired.

You open CUETools and select the following:
Show Content

The image+Cue is just a personal choice of mine, I just think it's better.

Then it asks for "Select the best match". This reffers to the Cue information, or the affected positions of the damaged sectors. Just select the one you think it fits best, not really relevant.

Now you click GO:
Show Content

The new FLAC file is in another folder, in my case Music/Converted. The glitch is gone. The log file is the same as the old one, but if you verify the FLAC file with CUETools, it'll show "Accurately ripped".
Show Content

Edit: No need for fix mode, default mode do the same thing. The fix mode is used for some offset thingy. Of course, fix mode do the same thing, just not need to change it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to verify CD rips using CUETools connor17 0 22,856 Jun 24, 2015, 10:41 am
Last Post: connor17