How to remove shine from non-iRay skins?
Finally got myself an nvidia card. But if I run renders on older gen (V4 specifically) I get a this shiny oily look.

Tried google searching in Daz3D forums, but it wasnt really helpful - one thread said something along the lines of making sure the headlamp was off, then it dwindled down into tweaking many many settings and I lost track.

Is that the only way of going about it? To remove shine?

Eg of said shine:

[Image: oyn2XVX.jpg]
There are few possible causes. I'm not really an expert, but maybe these few things can help you. I assume since you got an nvidia card, you are going to render in iray. Make sure you convert the v4 skin shader to iray shader. Maybe you can look at the glossy reflectivity and roughness. Play around and see if there's a change. I hope more competent daz3d users will help you. Good luck!
A number of things were affecting it, and changing the following parameters made the shine go away:

Glossy Layered weight
Base mixing > weighted (not pbr metallic)

[Image: 6uqtbTl.png]
In my limited experience, this happens with Poser shaders used in Daz....sometimes. I have several figures that include Daz specific shaders (3Dream renderer?) which eliminate this shine.
And thanks for that info Bootleg.
bootleg they have a skin converter to change older skins to Iray. I bought it will see if I can find it if you want it.
(Mar 26, 2017, 20:02 pm)321gfxisme0 Wrote: bootleg they have a skin converter to change older skins to Iray. I bought it will see if I can find it if you want it.

thanks 321gfxisme0, automated one click stuff is always welcome Big Grin
Here ya go...

_http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/Uhql3VXd/file.html
(Mar 28, 2017, 14:53 pm)321gfxisme0 Wrote: Here ya go...

_http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/Uhql3VXd/file.html

Thanks, I'll give this a try too.
thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List your favourite skins? bootleg 8 21,939 Aug 21, 2016, 19:28 pm
Last Post: bootleg