How to register at TPB?
You can set up the shares in that site and link the shares at this forum in Promote Your Shares.
Newly signed up and thought this seemed like a good thread to lock in my 1st post and say hi. Got hit by some panicky thoughts today re the torrenting world and wanted to register an account here: just made me feel better even if TPB registrations not open Blush

(Aug 04, 2022, 12:23 pm)Anonymous1583 Wrote: I want to seed a torrent with a Rasmus Paludan, Stram Kurs party, political video recorded from Facebook (date: 2022-07-14 19:55) and I can't register on TPB. It is important that this party, Stram Kurs, has more influence in todays society.

@Anonymous1583  - If it is a video, I think it might get more coverage quicker if you uploaded it on Youtube or a streaming site instead of torrent...
(Aug 04, 2022, 22:28 pm)RobertX Wrote: You can set up the shares in that site and link the shares at this forum in Promote Your Shares.

Question for you, why does PB not allow registrations?
Don't know.

I know it's hurting The Pirate Bay. but that's all I know.

To be honest, I want to know why, but that secret has escaped me.
It's my understanding that the reason behind closing new registrations is cause there were tons of bots and people uploading garbage / fake torrents, malware and viruses.

Just another example of idiots ruining it for everyone.
I think the main problem is that TPB has no PHP coder that could work on the website.
LuxLOL, want to volunteer?
(Oct 29, 2022, 23:42 pm)RobertX Wrote: LuxLOL, want to volunteer?

I would need more PHP/MySQL skills to take on a website like TPB and i don't thing they would let anyone play around with the TPB PHP/MySQL code.  Big Grin
Do you guys think that they should make TPB members-only?

A lot of sites that I go to are members-only and a lot problems are solved because of it.

I think it's for a bit of both help-wanted and trouble not wanted reasons.
(Oct 30, 2022, 01:46 am)RobertX Wrote: Do you guys think that they should make TPB members-only?

A lot of sites that I go to are members-only and a lot problems are solved because of it.

I think it's for a bit of both help-wanted and trouble not wanted reasons.

This would be completely against what TPB stands for - Sharing website for everyone.
There are plenty of private trackers, we don't need another one.

What TPB needs is a programmer that will fix current issues, to combat spam/fake torrents we need more of a tactic than mechanism.
From top of my head I would add captcha(to slow it down) and torrent+uploader karma system that would influence position in the search results.

To make it abuse-resistant, easy solution would be to make karma votes only possible by verified members..

I'm sure there is better solution for that problem, just wanted to spark some thought fire.

Fin Wrote:Question for you, why does PB not allow registrations?

What Fant0men wrote is the true answer.

It's easier to remove function of a website than to fix it, this is the reason why comments were removed and before that images were removed due to abuse by fake uploaders who uploaded fake torrent stats and skull image (the image was displayed on top right corner so it could perfectly mimic the stats).

What's next to be removed ? It's like going with your car to a mechanic with failed engine and he removes it entirely "there you have it, no more problems with the engine!"
Your leg hurts ? cut it off!

(Oct 30, 2022, 01:34 am)LuxLOL Wrote:
(Oct 29, 2022, 23:42 pm)RobertX Wrote: LuxLOL, want to volunteer?

I would need more PHP/MySQL skills to take on a website like TPB and i don't thing they would let anyone play around with the TPB PHP/MySQL code.  Big Grin

I don't get the whole trust issue, the code should be put on github so anyone could fix it, the "Winston" would just merge the code after checking it with other third party and deploy it after testing.
It's really not that hard to get anonymous project done, just check github - plenty of open-source anonymous projects.

I'm a C/C++/ASM coder, not much of a web programmer - my experience with websites is copy/paste and follow instructions - but even with that I could fix the issues here, it's not some science shit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still can't register on TPB samson599 7 2,067 Dec 31, 2023, 10:10 am
Last Post: Spud17
  TPB register 44four 5 5,566 Apr 06, 2023, 13:16 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  Which freemail to register TPB account soundfilms0 1 11,752 Aug 02, 2018, 17:39 pm
Last Post: neanderthal
  Not Able To Register 1 9,772 Sep 01, 2014, 23:20 pm
Last Post: kjf
  Can't seem to register to The Pirate Bay Site ts2k2 1 9,776 Aug 31, 2014, 11:01 am
Last Post: Spud17