How to burn mkv blu ray movies on a dvd
(Aug 30, 2017, 00:02 am)piano0011 Wrote: Hey guys! I have tried convertxtodvd and it seems to be quicker. Also, it can fit the extra data onto a normal dvd disk. So, I have to decide whether I should compromise video quality by using convertxtodvd or use dvd flick. Does dvd flick have better quality? Also with convertxtodvd, would you select the 16:9 wide screen ratio and if so, once burnt into a dvd format, VLC does not play in a wide format anymore. If I played it with a mkv file, it plays in the wide screen format, can someone please inform me why this is so? thanks!

In my experience the faster program will lose a little quality. If you need that extra quality go with dvd flick otherwise I say use convertxtodvd. The quality lost is only in the numbers not really visible I think to the eye. The format probably does not work for the disc anymore but works for individual files, but even I am not sure why.
The salient point in this thread, which was not properly stressed and has since been entirely overlooked is this

(Aug 25, 2017, 17:28 pm)RobertX Wrote: If the DVD player supports MKVs out of the box, you can just burn them to disc.

Conversion is unnecessary: a complete waste of time and a needless sacrifice of quality.

Check the user manual of your player to see what file types it supports. If you don't have the manual, check the back/bottom of the player for the make and model and let us know that and then we can look it up and find out.

In the worst case, if your player doesn't support MKV, you can buy one that does for as little as $20 and save yourself the ongoing hassle.

Or if you have a laptop, or a Smart TV, or even a normal TV if it has a USB port or a game console or a smartphone then you can probably use them to play things on your TV or whatever other screen it is you want to watch on.
For the output format, I have set it to 16:9 ratio, is this correct? Can someone tell me which other settings I have to change? Also, with regard to VLC not playing in the wide screen mode, does that only work for blu ray disc and not once you have converted to dvd format?
I think 16:9 is letterbox, which I think stretches the video horizontally.

I have no idea how Blu Ray discs work, so I don't know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best DVD Ripper for Uploading? z33r01 1 4,018 Apr 17, 2023, 20:31 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Data Blu-Ray ripping software? Abraxas 3 12,395 Dec 18, 2019, 09:23 am
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Need a good lite DVD ripper soulcity 6 16,944 Feb 12, 2019, 10:29 am
Last Post: Wikie22
  DVD ripping/encoding help jerrysmatrix 14 31,321 May 15, 2018, 10:09 am
Last Post: dueda
  Best software for ripping blu-ray to mp4 tepaus 2 13,910 Jan 18, 2018, 06:48 am
Last Post: no_Steam