How to begin
Hello all,

I'm tech challenged and need someone to give me a link to real basic beginner tutorials to learn how to download and use this tech. I'm talking real basic stuff here. I just tried to download my first torrents and it was an epic fail. I don't have a clue why, but I thought I downloaded a couple of torrents, but couldn't open the zip file and even after I installed RAR Archiver and still can't access the files. I'm so dumb I don't even know what questions to ask. I'm like a baby the needs to learn how to talk. I'm not even sure I'm downloading the right thing. When I found some TV shows I want to watch, I click on the download button, and a new tab opens instead of downloading to my download file manager. I read the FAQ stuff but it's pretty much like greek to me. I think I have a learning disability!
Can someone direct be to some tutorials that are step by step? I learn by doing, not by reading tech stuff, so if I do it one step at a time, I can learn, I'm sure!
Huh
(Jul 25, 2022, 17:43 pm)alienvirus Wrote: Hello all,

I'm tech challenged and need someone to give me a link to real basic beginner tutorials to learn how to download and use this tech. I'm talking real basic stuff here. I just tried to download my first torrents and it was an epic fail. I don't have a clue why, but I thought I downloaded a couple of torrents, but couldn't open the zip file and even after I installed RAR Archiver and still can't access the files. I'm so dumb I don't even know what questions to ask. I'm like a baby the needs to learn how to talk. I'm not even sure I'm downloading the right thing. When I found some TV shows I want to watch, I click on the download button, and a new tab opens instead of downloading to my download file manager. I read the FAQ stuff but it's pretty much like greek to me. I think I have a learning disability!
Can someone direct be to some tutorials that are step by step? I learn by doing, not by reading tech stuff, so if I do it one step at a time, I can learn, I'm sure!
Huh

From what you've written, I assume you're having a problem with the extraction after the file you wanted is downloaded.

I use WinRAR myself, so all I do is double click on the zipped file, because the file extension for zipped files was associated during install, and WinRAR pops up and I just push extract and it will extract it to my desktop.

I hope that helps.

Edit!  To add. At sites like 1337x.to where it will open a new tab or pop up, you have to click the page once or twice and close out the new tabs or popups and then the next click will activate the button you're trying to push on the website.  It's tedious and annoying, but doable.
(Jul 27, 2022, 20:36 pm)FurriesRock Wrote:
(Jul 25, 2022, 17:43 pm)alienvirus Wrote: Hello all,

Huh

From what you've written, I assume you're having a problem with the extraction after the file you wanted is downloaded.

I use WinRAR myself, so all I do is double click on the zipped file, because the file extension for zipped files was associated during install, and WinRAR pops up and I just push extract and it will extract it to my desktop.

I hope that helps.

Edit!  To add. At sites like 1337x.to where it will open a new tab or pop up, you have to click the page once or twice and close out the new tabs or popups and then the next click will activate the button you're trying to push on the website.  It's tedious and annoying, but doable.

Thanks for your reply and helpful tips. I managed to download some awesome content simply by changing the download site I was using from torrentsafe to Utorrent and that gave me files that didn't need to be unzipped, but it take longer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MPA will begin norway fileharing crackdown nov 29... mags 0 9,000 Nov 27, 2013, 15:05 pm
Last Post: mags