How long do you seed?
(Nov 19, 2013, 11:34 am)Mr.Stifmeister Wrote: well as my server got its own life and uploading and seeding stuff i always seed torrents at least 3 days. But this is only on my autobot server, i got several servers that help seeding and on those it can be seeding 1 or 2 weeks.

The torrent i have uploaded the most with my autobot server is COD Ghost, here you can see how much and ratio Smile
[Image: DfPcsG0.png]

One thing to have in mind is that all my servers have 1Gbps connection each

Okay, this is what you call SUPERSEEDING!!!Tongue
hehe yea well, its nothing. I found this pic i took like 30min after it got released/uploaded when some people asked about the download speed.
Well i said, "i am seeding, here is the proof" and showed them this
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8154/uqya.png

Thats just 2 of my servers, but still, they are both doing good Smile
(Nov 19, 2013, 14:45 pm)Mr.Stifmeister Wrote: hehe yea well, its nothing. I found this pic i took like 30min after it got released/uploaded when some people asked about the download speed.
Well i said, "i am seeding, here is the proof" and showed them this
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8154/uqya.png

Thats just 2 of my servers, but still, they are both doing good Smile

I know, all "usuall" uploaders dreaming about that.
But hey, i give it all i got. Not more, not less. Shy
I am living in the middle of nowhere so it is like it is.
But youre shot is rly impressive.Heart
hehe hey totocon, it doesnt matter where you live... man i got 10mbit down and 1mbit up at my home Tongue
What more matters is money, if you got that, then you can get what i have Wink
(Nov 19, 2013, 15:46 pm)Mr.Stifmeister Wrote: hehe hey totocon, it doesnt matter where you live... man i got 10mbit down and 1mbit up at my home Tongue
What more matters is money, if you got that, then you can get what i have Wink

well, i just started with uploading. so there is room for improvement! Big Grin
do ypu use ure own rented dedicated servers? seedbox? what? Huh
man, i have to get my uploads as small as possible .....
1:3 ratio .... and then i stop seeding ...
When I upload I seed until atleast 10 more seeders are in the mix. But often seed more than I have to on a download I'm snagging, atleast the same of the download size to give back, sometimes double that, all depends on what I have to do on my puter at the time, I usually seed atleast until I wake up and get home from work, but my up speed sucks, so it all depends.

B.T.W. I'm in america and we have no cap here unless it's a cell phone.

Problem is that most DSL and cable connections suck for upload speeds unless you pay extra I pay $24.99/month and get 16 gigs down but only 768 Kb up. So uploading really sucks for everyone leeching. Ii is what it is. Happy with my download speed though!!!!

Happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it as well.

Keep seeding folks, and have a blessed night. Smile
Just to answer that question: I seed till 1:2 on downloaded torrents.
But if i want to keep my own torrents alive, i guess i will have to seed them forever.
My uploads are mostly not very popular, so i have to keep them running if i want them active.
I created 2 torrents yesterday. I am now wondering how long should i seed my own torrents, right now my ratio is at almost 30.000 on 1 of them and almost 21.000 on the other any advice. these are my first ever torrents. thanks for any advice in advance.

kjf edited Dec 06, 2013 21:16 pm this post because:

Please search before starting new threads.

Threads merged

(Nov 19, 2013, 11:34 am)Mr.Stifmeister Wrote: well as my server got its own life and uploading and seeding stuff i always seed torrents at least 3 days. But this is only on my autobot server, i got several servers that help seeding and on those it can be seeding 1 or 2 weeks.

The torrent i have uploaded the most with my autobot server is COD Ghost, here you can see how much and ratio Smile
[Image: DfPcsG0.png]

One thing to have in mind is that all my servers have 1Gbps connection each

Exclamation This is the stuff dreams are made of Sleepy

[edit] Forgot to answer! I typically seed for a long time (months) anything that won't get me a notice from my ISP and has a low seed count (10 is about the low limit), and I don't download anything else. Huge downloads I may bring back out of external devices if I see the seed count low, or download straight to an external with this in mind (such as the Biggest Manga Collection). Everything else, I get to 1:3 then stop. Basically, the more it hurts, the more I help.

I have decided after two notices that limiting upload isn't a solution, and if I can't share it without worry, I need to find it from another source. MP3's from youtube, etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error - I/O path too long Drulove57 11 22,211 Jun 29, 2019, 12:00 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Working long lasting VPN for Safari or Chrome Scooters 18 34,756 Dec 05, 2017, 15:33 pm
Last Post: Scooters
  An application that allows you to watch or listen while you stream Nine 1 11,344 May 03, 2016, 22:38 pm
Last Post: RobertX