Poll: How do you like your software?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Newest win/apple relaease so I can pay to spend hours installing more xecutables to make it rape me less
25.00%
1 25.00%
GPL or nothing
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you like your software?
Working. Be it linux, ios or windows, with or without clutter. I don't care, as long as it does what I want it to.

So, none of the alternatives you gave me
The ideal software never needs updates or 'maintenance'.

I personally turn all updates off, even on Linux.

And update only as actually needed. Such as newer Python versions that actually have improvements, like 3.9

Also, when possible, kill any 'autoupdate' executables. Opera comes to mind.

I spend alot of time personalizing the software that i frequently use, and positively hate to have to redo things.

To the point of using Hex editors to change headers, and recompiling Linux stuff to enable UID0.

Oddly, Linux seems to be becoming more restrictive, while Win seems to becoming more hackable (with Powershell).

The object of both systems appears to be that we will own nothing. (That we cannot hack)
And be happy.

One reason I will replace a fully licensed Win version, with a hacked one.

The poll lacks choices.
Newness and quality are only related by chance.
GPL is starting to head into paywalls.
I think I'll reword my entry: I like my software to be free, working, and doesn't phone home.

This piece of software can be pirated, freeware, or GPL, it doesn't matter even though I prefer some GPL over others.
I like Berkeley license... 2-Clause model even more.
drunk is the new sober
[Image: YJTE_xLZWgg1NCh9IGy5vgALE5iQ4V_pkA1V_x9B...f586076bf2]
I use GPL and up to date software because outdated software may contain more bugs and exploits.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like any celebrities? Ladyanne3 10 982 Mar 05, 2024, 13:04 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  What's your degree? (If you're comfortable in speaking it) RobertX 0 654 Feb 19, 2024, 08:48 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,259 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Do not trust the user BABUPC for software WW3hasstarted 12 3,964 Dec 08, 2023, 09:14 am
Last Post: BabuPC.
  Impossible to upload material I would like to upload dirtybastard 3 2,212 Nov 20, 2023, 09:01 am
Last Post: dirtybastard