Poll: How do you like your software?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Newest win/apple relaease so I can pay to spend hours installing more xecutables to make it rape me less
25.00%
1 25.00%
GPL or nothing
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you like your software?
Question is: do you like to invest your time disabeling it or enabeling it- I mean is your softwarez enabling or disabling you?
Troll question is already a failed discussion.

I like my software working. There are plenty of good and bad titles across the pay to free spectrum.
I like my software with 1 update per day, or nothing!
I like my software that is running and doesn't phone home.

(Or at least circumvented from phoning home!)
Your options are really boring, vexing, and confuse - Are we talking about free x proprietary, or stable vs constantly updated, or what?

1. Moe (the honorable administrative authority) and RobertX (the honorary guest mod) already answered well and well enough.
2. As a principle, I would like updates to be unnecessary, or at least to be rare and optional. Good software mostly don't have vulnerabilities except due OS bugs / exploits.
3. I pick my OS according to the apps I wanna run, not the other way around. Out of my experience, so far I don't like most free, open-source software. Don't wanna updates, isolate the OS in a virtual box over hardened X, armor your router, etc.
I agree with the emaculate one, dueda.

There are lots of software I used that are discontinued, and therefore, requiring no updates.

I can see why Libreoffice and Gimp keep updated, and that is, to ensure further support, and that is a credible reason. However, if you update too much, it does tend to give the impression that your software is not that reliable.

I use cdrtfe (CD burner app that is a frontend to a command line tool), and it stopped ujpdates back in 2018. However, I still use it as opposed to Nero and cdrtfe still runs loops around Nero for portability and necessity. A few updates is all that's necessary.
(Apr 03, 2021, 04:06 am)RobertX Wrote: I agree with the emaculate one, dueda.

Just have to say thanks for not using a slash or double-stop (:-) but a comma instead, that leaves me out of the Unsullied army.
i'll disable stuff. I'm pretty daft with this stuff, I gotta by something new, and as you know, I'm a Windows fan. I wish I can install 8.1 over 10, ut I'm sure WIN won't let me...

I'll try Linux maybe, OR a MAC, eBay has some cheap deals. I just want something that can play games, surf the internet, and hold decent storage (1TB).

Like Moe, as long as it all works, I'm satisfied.
Yeah sorry for drunk-posting. Maybe change the first option to proprietary. I would if I could...

Only proprietary stuff I run is games in a win7 VM with no internet access.
(Apr 04, 2021, 16:00 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: Yeah sorry for drunk-posting.

Drunk is the new norm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like any celebrities? Ladyanne3 10 980 Mar 05, 2024, 13:04 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  What's your degree? (If you're comfortable in speaking it) RobertX 0 654 Feb 19, 2024, 08:48 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,258 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Do not trust the user BABUPC for software WW3hasstarted 12 3,963 Dec 08, 2023, 09:14 am
Last Post: BabuPC.
  Impossible to upload material I would like to upload dirtybastard 3 2,212 Nov 20, 2023, 09:01 am
Last Post: dirtybastard