How can I easily make a "picture" appear on a TV/computer prop?
Basically, Imagine if I want to make a game and there is a scene where people are watching the movie and I want that the screen of the TV changes on each render to something different.

Do I just take like a "painting" and scale it to the size of the screen and put it in front of it as to make it appear that the screen is showing something?
That would depend on the 3D engine you are using and it's limitations.
I believe that the 'ID' 'Tech 5' engine allows for video within a scene
but, I haven't worked with those in some time and can't be sure.
When I have a question like this, I look to see what others have done
and HOW they did it.
(May 22, 2017, 11:08 am)Faithwyn Wrote: That would depend on the 3D engine you are using and it's limitations.
and HOW they did it.

What do you mean by engine? A bit confused, I'm just using Daz3D with Irai...
It depends on the prop you're using for the monitor. Most newer props have a surface which displays the image, while some other (most older props I've seen) use a UV map to cover the entire object.  Those are a little trickier, but it's doable.

If the object has separate surfaces, you'll see them in your "Surfaces" tab when you've selected the object. For example, these monitors use a surface named "pc_032Screen"; the Base Color is white, and it's using a jpg as the image.

[Image: test1.png]

If you locate that image file, you can find another of the same ratio and rotation, and simply choose that.  Note that in this second example, I was lazy and didn't edit the images so that they're rotating the same orientation, but you get the idea.

[Image: test2.png]

It's also cool to mess with it a little more. You can add an Iray Emmisive shader to that particular surface, and add the image to the Emmision Color. Again, lazy here but you can play with it until it looks right.  You'd just have to change that image each time you want to render.

[Image: test3.png]
(May 22, 2017, 17:06 pm)Gustavs14 Wrote:
(May 22, 2017, 11:08 am)Faithwyn Wrote: That would depend on the 3D engine you are using and it's limitations.
and HOW they did it.

What do you mean by engine? A bit confused, I'm just using Daz3D with Irai...

My mistake, I was thinking of 3D games in general, I'm ignorant of Daz3D!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I make the Daz3D (not the Render, but Scene) lighter? Gustavs14 2 22,333 Jan 23, 2018, 00:46 am
Last Post: Gustavs14
  How Can I Make/Does My Image Look Good In Fullscreen? Gustavs14 0 16,341 May 30, 2017, 11:57 am
Last Post: Gustavs14
  How do I save a scene subset as a "prop? Gustavs14 1 16,913 Apr 22, 2017, 09:02 am
Last Post: bootleg
  How do I make Daz3D lag less? Gustavs14 6 24,517 Apr 03, 2017, 01:50 am
Last Post: thewayur
  How Can I Make My Own Characters? Gustavs14 2 18,430 Apr 03, 2017, 01:46 am
Last Post: thewayur