Hercules (blu-ray upgrade)
Yet another treat for everyone to enjoy, this one was bit of a journey to get done. The first in a long line of Herc movies, this one is Steve Reeves at his beefiest. Had to track down not only the 4:3 American DVD release to grab the audio but also the rare Italian-only Japanese blu-ray as it was the only source with somewhat believable HD presentation. Synced up the DVD's dub to the blu-ray (pain) and then synced up the MST3K episode audio to that. Created subtitles for the english dub myself, for some reason. As a result, this is the only HD version of Hercules that you can watch in English. 

While this is the first Hercules movie in the series that we are familiar with, its sequel appeared first on MST for some reason. 

https://mega.nz/file/RVM1iLRA#UBo9zVLoth...YM9Qj9AdVE
Thanks! Subtitles, too? What a thoughtful fist.
Thanks!
My man!
I'm very much looking forward to this. I've found a fondness for the old sword and sandle riffs. Danke.

It looks great! Well done on authoring the first English HD version of the film!
This is a truly Herculean effort. I am as astounded as Eurystheus!
(May 29, 2024, 20:25 pm)NexusWraith Wrote: This is a truly Herculean effort. I am as astounded as Eurystheus!

☝️
I am legit shocked at the quality. SHOCKED. Its like a whole new movie. REQ any and all other oiled Hercules beefcake MSTs in HD
(May 29, 2024, 20:25 pm)NexusWraith Wrote: This is a truly Herculean effort. I am as astounded as Eurystheus!

Its funny how knowledgable I am in the seven labors of Hercules now, since there are no known english subtitles of the movie I had to look up a LOT of names and context while doing them. Which means thanks to subtitling riff movies I am now well versed in two hyper-specific topics: this and the Osaka Expo '70
Much like the recent Pod People and Master Ninja upgrades, my brain cannot grasp how good this looks. Watching this makes me feel like the kids in those videos who were born deaf and hear sound for the first time. That's a mixed, and probably insulting, metaphor, but work with me please. To wit, I fired this video up at 10pm last night just to see how it looked. My wife loves the Herc films, and when she saw how good this looked (without her contacts or glasses), she got up to get her glasses to, and I quote "enjoy this marvelous treat."

So, from both me and my wife, thank you very, very much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Most Dangerous Game (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 4 2,895 Jun 21, 2024, 00:55 am
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  Steamboat Willie (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 5 522 Jun 20, 2024, 23:54 pm
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  The Alien Dead (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 9 6,932 Jun 16, 2024, 23:53 pm
Last Post: I Want To Go Faster
  Beaks The Movie (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 7 636 Jun 12, 2024, 16:10 pm
Last Post: NexusWraith
  McBain (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 6 1,000 Jun 07, 2024, 16:54 pm
Last Post: RowsdowerRevenge