Handbrake 360p Settings
I love user 360p's uploads, as they are of a size I can handle with my abacus, while being of fairly sharp visual quality. Now that 360p is retired, I cannot find many options to save space but to take everything I grab and use HandBrake to try and copy his results.

Just not sure on the settings. I figured how to reduce movies down to 360p (the width, not the guy), but it's not visually as clear as his.

Any polite suggestions?
What about using Handbrake's presets?

That's how I encode mines when I needed it.
Is what I've been doin', but any little bit more space saved is more I can copy before we lose internet.

You see, we're poor folk. Very f'in poor. We live on disability, and when the next administration comes in, and the orange turd becomes the USA's first dictator, they will take our only income away. We will have no internet. So if we wish to do anything more than stare at a blank wall for the rest of our elderly lives, I need to get as many movies, and such, to watch while I can.

I have limited storage.

So I'm trying to reduce the size of our entertainment folders.

Peace Smile
I'm sorry about your difficulty.

I live on disability too and have no dignity of a job, so I understand. I'm very sorry.

Back in the day when I encoded to 360P, as in Social Media 5 Minute Preset, it seems to save a ton of space, but not without sacrificing video quality. It can't be avoided, but it's a small price for the space saved in my view.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: This might be a long shot, but have you tried authoring your video files into DVD-authored entries? What I mean is that you turn your video files into DVDs, but without DVDs. Just use a DVD authoring program like ConvertXtoDVD and you can even program a DVD player-compatible menu. You can encode up to 6 hours of video to 480p and it will only cost 4GB.

It's worth a try.

If you want, I can send you ConvertXtoDVD, but you can get it anywhere. Just download the latest shareware version and get a DLL that activates the lock. I can send that to you, but only if you ask.
(Jul 01, 2024, 19:35 pm)RobertX Wrote: This might be a long shot, but have you tried authoring your video files into DVD-authored entries? What I mean is that you turn your video files into DVDs, but without DVDs. Just use a DVD authoring program like ConvertXtoDVD and you can even program a DVD player-compatible menu. You can encode up to 6 hours of video to 480p and it will only cost 4GB.

I've never heard of this before, same as only learning about HandBrake only a few months back... I'm old.

How does this work? Any saved video gets converted to DVD and this reduces the size, without losing quality? For example, I have all of the "Clone Wars" taking up 30 GB; what would your suggestion reduce it to, approximately? And I'm assuming that I'd have to use something like MagicDisc to play any of the created files?
Just go to the presets menu, the dropdown, not the top menus, pick Web, and then Social 25 MB Video or something similar will come up. It should have a familiar wording, and it will say 360 somewhere, so don't fret.

If you want to set this as a constant, just go to the Preset menu at the topmost section of the window, meaning right under the title bar, and click on "Set Default Preset."

Every time you open Handbrake for a new project, you don't have to set it up any more if you do that.

Try that and get back to me.

EDIT: I realised that I didn't answer all your questions. If you want to use DVD files, you can use VLC and Potplayer, or any video player that plays DVD files. Don't worry, besides Windows Media Player there should be a lot. If you do go that route, just remember to set ConvertXtoDVD to not burn the DVD just create the DVD files so your Potplayer can play the files locally. No DVD media are needed. This is normally not something anyone does nowadays, but to people like you and me, those who need to make every space count, the option is there.

Just get back to me if you decide to do that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How RIP movies 1080p HEVC x265 Handbrake IR0NM4N 4 7,454 Aug 31, 2022, 01:45 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Handbrake Settings Recommendation? AtotehZ 2 13,284 May 13, 2020, 03:36 am
Last Post: stormium
  Encoding software and settings Help tonyclem 6 17,625 Sep 30, 2017, 22:11 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Optimal uTorrent settings allen1013 4 17,651 Sep 09, 2015, 18:31 pm
Last Post:
  Handbrake - Or comparible video compressor Hawk 5 14,442 Oct 13, 2014, 03:58 am
Last Post: bob5695