Favorite terrible movies
(Jan 13, 2020, 18:09 pm)dumbname Wrote: I was also raised on a steady diet of B movies. As for me, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch II is my go-to bad movie. I am not sure what it is. Maybe its the that the goth girl is easy on the eyes. These days I watch the fanedit which restored the movie to the original sequences before the studio cut it up and added gore.
I’ve been meaning to track that version down. Is this one where I have to ask the editor for a link? Or is there just a link/torrent?
Mike and the boys did one of my childhood favorites, Killers From Space. I bonded over bad movies with my Dad on the original and to see it rifffed was great.

For more recent bad movies, I like The Covenant. I have a soft spot for dark, witchy/superpowered-teens-in-movies like this, The Craft, and Chronicle. The fact that Jessica Lucas is in the film gives it bonus points. Also, the riffed version of The Covenant was great too
(Jan 13, 2020, 16:55 pm)CountMeowt Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2020, 16:37 pm)Torgo Wrote: I was raised on A LOT of B movies growing up, so I have a good tolerance for movies that aren’t that great.  But of the MANY movies I enjoy that I know without a doubt are terrible, I’d have to vote for Congo as the one I enjoy the most.  That’s all the while being able to list all the problems in each and every scene.  Worst part is, I can’t even pinpoint the reasons I why I really like it.  

It’s like McDonald’s.  I know why I shouldn’t enjoy it and I’m not too proud of it, but it sure gets the job done.

I enjoyed Congo, watched it with the TreacheRiffs track; I especially liked Ernie Hudson.

1) I will have to check out the TreacheRiff for that.  Any excuse to throw that movie on is good with me.
2) I would watch an entire spinoff of Ernie Hudson's character, the Great White Hunter who just happens to be black.
(Jan 13, 2020, 23:58 pm)nixeclips Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2020, 18:09 pm)dumbname Wrote: I was also raised on a steady diet of B movies. As for me, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch II is my go-to bad movie. I am not sure what it is. Maybe its the that the goth girl is easy on the eyes. These days I watch the fanedit which restored the movie to the original sequences before the studio cut it up and added gore.
I’ve been meaning to track that version down. Is this one where I have to ask the editor for a link? Or is there just a link/torrent?
It has been so long, I forget where I got it. Give me some time and I will upload it to MEGA for you.

Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!XA823QiJ!t-CJtobHmoWmr...fIZc-iqaSA
I've had the fanedit for a while but never got around to watching it. Maybe I'll have to do that sometime soon... Or maybe in another 5 or 10 years when I get around to it.
Starcrash is enjoyable.

But all you have to do is put Caroline Munroe on the screen and I'm entertained.
(Jan 17, 2020, 13:07 pm)dumbname Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2020, 23:58 pm)nixeclips Wrote:
It has been so long, I forget where I got it. Give me some time and I will upload it to MEGA for you.

Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!XA823QiJ!t-CJtobHmoWmr...fIZc-iqaSA
Thanks so much!
I would have to say an early 70's classic with James Woods called "The Onion Fields". Watch this terrible movie and keep in the back of your mind that it was actually nominated for some awards.
I actually enjoyed the Jeepers Creepers movies - all of 'em! I've also always loved Gamera movies.
I can't believe I'm saying this....but those Sharknado films (after seeing the first two on Riffteax Live) are trying to grow on me.  Confused 

I think I should buy the remaining four (I got the first two via Rifftrax Live anyway) to complete the collection, so to speak.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 166 189,737 Mar 20, 2024, 16:37 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Favorite Weird & Wonderful Wednesday Watchalongs JusSonic 1 4,951 Feb 08, 2023, 12:20 pm
Last Post: Miss Martian
  Top Ten Fan-Favorite Scary Rifftrax! JusSonic 0 5,431 Oct 30, 2022, 20:08 pm
Last Post: JusSonic
  Everything Is Terrible! Kidz Klub sarlacc222 23 18,741 May 02, 2022, 13:20 pm
Last Post: Tardisjockey
  Favorite Rifftrax dduncan4163 19 42,291 Feb 23, 2022, 19:28 pm
Last Post: SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap