ExpressVPN had a flaw for years
(Feb 16, 2024, 09:47 am)SectorVector Wrote: Getting RYP to share info is a big pain :-)

I think the original article refers to VPN clients as used on PCs.
RYP perhaps used a VPN router on which he tried to use ExpressVPN. VPN router ensures all connected devices are protected.
ExpressVPN seems to offer "firmware" for specific hardware. Link. Now they have their own brand of VPN router.

For desktop users:
In general, use the latest version of the client software.
LZA, you have linked to the Windows Client version. Just use the latest.

Here is a readable backstory to routers + VPNs with good references.

Thanks for the info and clarification. Makes perfect sense!

I made sure I was with the latest update, but found out my specific (and off topic) issue was a protocol one. I switched it from the automatic to something else and connectivity issues resolved.

(Feb 16, 2024, 09:59 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:   If you didn't understand that Firmware can work on a router then surely you need to learn these matters and SectorVector is the only one who actually got it the whole idea, nobody else had a clue...

Unless I missed it, you didn't specify that it was for the router. We were talking the VPN in general. As an IT professional, arent you used to detailing you info for those who don't understand? I never thought router, because although I saw it was available, I don't have it...

Intelligence in IT is one thing, but useless if you can COMMUNICATE it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems like every generation BEFORE the boomers had class Ladyanne3 7 509 Apr 21, 2024, 06:43 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  VPN flaw found WW3hasstarted 8 5,009 Aug 15, 2023, 02:14 am
Last Post: ggde24n
  After years I am back to uploading torrents PsychedelicFox 12 20,791 Jun 17, 2020, 03:00 am
Last Post: donkey
  The most messed up conversation that I've ever had. soulcity 2 11,538 Feb 06, 2020, 09:18 am
Last Post: dueda
  ExpressVPN vs. AZIRPN Torquemada 3 10,750 Dec 12, 2019, 04:04 am
Last Post: Torquemada