Escape the Tech Giants
Introduction:
Hey everyone! As I write this post, I want to emphasize that I know this forum is already well-versed in breaking free, but was bored so I wanted to personally remind both the seasoned members and the new users. Let's keep it simple and concise. I'm sharing this in my own style, ensuring that even if some of you are already aware, there might be someone stumbling upon this forum post who could gain new insights for once.

Step 1: Enter the Linux Revolution
It's time to leave Microsoft Windows behind and join the Linux revolution. This lightweight and user-friendly Linux distribution named Linux Mint gives you the power to control your system, and customize your experience. Say goodbye to telemetry and hello to freedom.

Step 2: qBittorrent, the God of Torrent Clients
Now, let's talk about sticking to the god tier client in the Torrent world. Who uses proprietary Torrent clients anyway, we should embrace qBittorrent, the best's choice. This free and open-source torrent client is easy to use and packed with awesome features. It provides everything you need for a torrent client.

Step 3: Strengthen Your Freedom with a VPN
Adding a VPN to your toolkit is a smart move to protect your privacy and hide your real IP while torrenting. Consider reliable VPN services like Mullvad, iVPN, and ProtonVPN. These VPNs will keep your torrent activities confidential by encrypting your data.

Conclusion:
It's time to regain control of your Torrenting experience and break free from the influence of big tech. Use Linux, an alternative operating system, and use the best client qBittorrent. Strengthen your freedom with a trusted VPN to keep your Torrenting activities private. Your digital freedom will be in your hands. Enjoy the excitement of Torrenting on your own terms, and join the revolution!
Excellent post
(Nov 25, 2023, 21:17 pm)lustrous Wrote: It's time to leave Microsoft Windows behind and join the Linux revolution.

I can honestly tell you that your statement couldn't be any more wrong.  I have no issues with Microsoft Windows at all, have used it for such a long time.  Have no issues in regards to blocking anything that is necessary to stop Microsoft from seeing what I get up to on my PC.  For years now have solved the entire matter, a very simple process but one which I'd rather not share as after all this is The Pirate Bay so to share such a secret is not always the best plan because then that secret becomes a non secret and then you're allowing Microsoft to advance further with their products and make changes which I'm not hoping for.  So far in regards to Windows 10 and Windows 11 the thing just works 100% perfect.

As I have said before with the said process being placed upon my PC, I can torrent and do any Pirate activity that I please and no, no Microsoft person or anybody or anything who shares data that can connect with you, the said user of Windows, can say that have seen what I do online and have gained access to either my browsing data or my Windows 10/11 activity.  All the answers are very simple there's lots of people on YouTube that can share with you all the solutions in regards to how to go about solving these matters so it's all in the public domain.

Considering the points made also I have the best access (in the world) to the best VPN services that you can get and I can encrypt my connection to the maximum with no problems and can even route a VPN through another VPN in a completely different location just to show off how good I am and make such an encrypted private connection that there's nobody anywhere on planet earth can see what I'm doing.  All the answers on how to go about finding all these things out were found from viewing this forum in previous years.  The answers are very simple and can be found using Google and is very easy.

Also I don't mind buying myself a Windows operating system from time to time because I find that it's great to keep up but also good because then you have a trouble free experience.  My previous experiences of Linux were very negative and I just couldn't get even simple things working.  The time taken to try and experience a trouble free Linux experience was forever and really I didn't have the time and energy to waste of such a thing so I gave up but found that Windows just works and it's easy to install in Windows and there's good games and all kinds of things and lots of great applications that work and very easily.  My Windows experiences and the way I have solved them I would give them 10 out of 10 for their efforts at Microsoft and I find the experience more enjoyable in a Windows environment rather than a Linux one.  You've just got to know how to go about things and how to work on a Windows system without messing things up and causing problems...
(Nov 26, 2023, 18:07 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Nov 25, 2023, 21:17 pm)lustrous Wrote: It's time to leave Microsoft Windows behind and join the Linux revolution.

I can honestly tell you that your statement couldn't be any more wrong.  I have no issues with Microsoft Windows at all, have used it for such a long time.  Have no issues in regards to blocking anything that is necessary to stop Microsoft from seeing what I get up to on my PC.  For years now have solved the entire matter, a very simple process but one which I'd rather not share as after all this is The Pirate Bay so to share such a secret is not always the best plan because then that secret becomes a non secret and then you're allowing Microsoft to advance further with their products and make changes which I'm not hoping for.  So far in regards to Windows 10 and Windows 11 the thing just works 100% perfect.

As I have said before with the said process being placed upon my PC, I can torrent and do any Pirate activity that I please and no, no Microsoft person or anybody or anything who shares data that can connect with you, the said user of Windows, can say that have seen what I do online and have gained access to either my browsing data or my Windows 10/11 activity.  All the answers are very simple there's lots of people on YouTube that can share with you all the solutions in regards to how to go about solving these matters so it's all in the public domain.

Considering the points made also I have the best access (in the world) to the best VPN services that you can get and I can encrypt my connection to the maximum with no problems and can even route a VPN through another VPN in a completely different location just to show off how good I am and make such an encrypted private connection that there's nobody anywhere on planet earth can see what I'm doing.  All the answers on how to go about finding all these things out were found from viewing this forum in previous years.  The answers are very simple and can be found using Google and is very easy.

Also I don't mind buying myself a Windows operating system from time to time because I find that it's great to keep up but also good because then you have a trouble free experience.  My previous experiences of Linux were very negative and I just couldn't get even simple things working.  The time taken to try and experience a trouble free Linux experience was forever and really I didn't have the time and energy to waste of such a thing so I gave up but found that Windows just works and it's easy to install in Windows and there's good games and all kinds of things and lots of great applications that work and very easily.  My Windows experiences and the way I have solved them I would give them 10 out of 10 for their efforts at Microsoft and I find the experience more enjoyable in a Windows environment rather than a Linux one.  You've just got to know how to go about things and how to work on a Windows system without messing things up and causing problems...

I can honestly tell you that your statement couldn't be any more wrong.  I have no issues with Linux (debian buster) at all, have used it for such a long time.  I dont need to block anything cause the OS is not bloated with spyware.  For years now have solved the entire matter, a very simple process which I am more than happy to share. This is The Pirate Bay forum and sharing is caring, and debian developers dont give a fuck about torrenting- the distribution comes with transimission installed, and the entire Free Open Source idea is about helping each other to make things better and more secure. Furthermore the Debian developers are absolutely paranoid about user privacy so I dont have to be Smile So far in regards to debian and linux in general the thing just works 100% perfect.
(Nov 27, 2023, 02:49 am)dickhead Wrote:
(Nov 26, 2023, 18:07 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:

I can honestly tell you that your statement couldn't be any more wrong.  I have no issues with Linux (debian buster) at all, have used it for such a long time.  I dont need to block anything cause the OS is not bloated with spyware.  For years now have solved the entire matter, a very simple process which I am more than happy to share. This is The Pirate Bay forum and sharing is caring, and debian developers dont give a fuck about torrenting- the distribution comes with transimission installed, and the entire Free Open Source idea is about helping each other to make things better and more secure. Furthermore the Debian developers are absolutely paranoid about user privacy so I dont have to be Smile So far in regards to debian and linux in general the thing just works 100% perfect.

In my opinion, I have to agree with dickhead's statement while simultaneously disagreeing with RodneyYouPlonker's statement. Firstly, it's important to note that Windows is a proprietary operating system. By using it, you are essentially placing blind trust in a billion-dollar company, hoping they won't engage in any shady practices. On the other hand, GNU/Linux offers the advantage of open source code, allowing you to delve into its depths and even run Libreboot on your old ThinkPads. Personally, I run a Libre T440p with Debian sid and couldn't be happier to have the freedom that RodneyYouPlonker seems to lack.
Thanks for the info!

Yes, I admit I'm addicted to "tech giants" like Microsoft Windows... It's all I've ever used since Windows XP back in the day. One of these days I'll try Mint to see how it works.

Google is another "giant" I can't get away from. I tried using Duckduckgo as a search engine, but the results are just OK... If I cant find w/DDG, I'll Google... If I Google, I won't use DDG. I also pretty much live on Youtube when I'm on the computer....I do NOT use Google Chrome... I LOVE my Firefox (which can be considered a non-giant i suppose). Also, VLC is my media player of choice. So even with Windows I try to use other apps aside from what is provided.

I use uTorrent. The old version of 2.2.1. I learned here, this is the best and (unbloated) version. If you guys say qtorrent is better, I'll try it...

I have Express VPN... That may be a "giant" insofar as VPN's go. But others (like Nord) slowed down internet performance. Not only does it hide privacy, you can get better deals on stuff. I ordered something for my ex wife. without VPN it was $8.00 shipping. Connected VPN to Canada, shipping was FREE, to the same address! I just don't use it all the time... Like now, it's shut off.. On'y use it when I feel the need to, not as a regular practice. The problem with checking out a free VPN is like why I stay with what I have... Laziness and familiarity.
(Nov 27, 2023, 14:39 pm)lustrous Wrote: the freedom that RodneyYouPlonker seems to lack.

I don't lack any freedoms, none at all. Have no idea what you're talking about. My Windows computing has all the freedoms in the world.
(Nov 27, 2023, 20:10 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Nov 27, 2023, 14:39 pm)lustrous Wrote: the freedom that RodneyYouPlonker seems to lack.

I don't lack any freedoms, none at all.  Have no idea what you're talking about.  My Windows computing has all the freedoms in the world.

+1 numpty human

I don't lack any freedoms, none at all.  Have no idea what you're talking about.  My Windows computing has all the freedoms in the world.

(Nov 28, 2023, 14:32 pm)dickhead Wrote:

Heart Heart Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US: Tech industry groups are watering down attempts at privacy regulation Resurgence 0 8,863 May 27, 2022, 00:41 am
Last Post: Resurgence
  UK will require tech firms to verify user identity when posting online Resurgence 0 9,942 Feb 26, 2022, 02:43 am
  Big Tech and Big Brother to turn your private health data into 'public treasure' Resurgence 4 22,564 Jul 08, 2021, 23:05 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Cloud extraction technology: the secret tech used to collect your data Resurgence 0 12,298 Jan 11, 2020, 15:12 pm