Ecuadorian court greenlights withdrawing citizenship from Assange
An Ecuadorian judge last week declared a nullity of the nationalization of the founder of the WikiLeaks leak site, Julian Assange, formally notifying the defense on Monday, Carlos Poveda, Assange's lawyer, revealed.

Quote:"The judges of the Contentious Administrative Court accepted the criteria of the Foreign Ministry and declared the nullity of the naturalization letter that had been granted to Julian Assange. The notification reached us today [on Monday]", Poveda said.

The decision can still be challenged through so-called horizontal appeals, which would have to be attended by Assange's lawyer.

The founder of WikiLeaks received Ecuadorian citizenship in 2017 after he was offered shelter in the country's embassy in London, where he had lived since 2012 to avoid being extradited to Sweden over sexual assault allegations.

However, in 2019, Ecuador decided to withdraw both the asylum and the citizenship.

The Contentious Administrative Court agreed with the withdrawal of the nationalization based on a report from the National Comptroller's Office that claimed that legal procedures for granting citizenship were breached.

According to Poveda, the actions of the Contentious Administrative Court are "purely political" and are based on allegations, with none of the accusations being backed with proof.

Quote:"From the first hearing we have said that Julian was not summoned legally, the documents must be translated because his language is English and that was not respected in all documents [...]", Poveda said.

The attorney also said that, despite he asked for Assange to be present at the hearing via telecommunication, he only received a link to connect - which, according to Poveda, is "illogical", since Assange does not have a computer or Internet access.

The founder of WikiLeaks faces accusations of espionage from the US after he leaked thousands of classified military documents, with Washington seeking his extradition. He was arrested in London in April 2019 after Ecuador terminated his asylum. Since that time, Assange has been held in a top security prison in Belmarsh since 2019 pending his appeal hearing in the extradition trial.

https://sputniknews.com/world/2021072710...m-assange/
I suspect the decision here to revoke AssAnge's citizenship was just as political as the decision to grant it in the first place.  I know this is probably not a popular opinion around here, but AssAnge deeply impresses me as yet another toxic narcissist with delusions of godhood/sainthood.  He's just an old-school black-hat hacker trying to fool the world into thinking he is a "journalist" and a martyr of the free information movement.  He's no more a journalist than I am a brain surgeon.  As for martyrdom, crawling up on a cross and playing at one does not make you one.

I could hardly care less whether AssAnge ends his miserable (and stinky) days in a UK prison or a US one.  The irony in all of this is that if he hadn't spent all these years fighting extradition, he would likely be on federal probation or even free by now (free for deportation to Australia, that is).  Despite his and his lawyers' hysterical insistence, the crimes he was charged with do not carry the death penalty or anything near that.
Assange exposed US war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan and published leaked diplomatic cables that pulled the mask off Washington’s ugly foreign policy.
(Aug 03, 2021, 21:26 pm)Resurgence Wrote: Assange exposed US war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan and published leaked diplomatic cables that pulled the mask off Washington’s ugly foreign policy.

True, but AssAnge knowingly and ostentatiously entered into a criminal conspiracy in order to do that.  It's fairly clear he expected to get caught at some point, so that he could then put on his big martyr act.  A case of mixed motives at best.
(Aug 04, 2021, 12:55 pm)CaptButler Wrote: AssAnge knowingly and ostentatiously entered into a criminal conspiracy in order to [expose US war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan]

That is conjecture. He made a website where anybody could leak shit. Shit leaked.

(Aug 04, 2021, 12:55 pm)CaptButler Wrote: It's fairly clear he expected to get caught at some point, so that he could then put on his big martyr act.  A case of mixed motives at best.

This too is conjecture. He sure got famous for it. Do you think he calculated with the endgame of being drugged witless behind British bars?

And lets just assume he is the asshole narcissist rapist shithead Aussie he has been made out to be- Does that somehow invalidate the leaks?

Or let's push it even further: If you knew Frederik Neij was a rapist would you stop using the piratebay and curse it's existence?

Hey, let's push it a nudge again: If you knew that rape is comme il faut in hollywood would you stop watching their movies? Who's your daddy- I mean captain, that guy in your avatar? You sure he didnt diddle no underage teenyweenies on set? And all for what? Some silly flick we can rewatch and feel good?

I am guessing there is a tresshold here where we should judge things separately. For example: Mozart was obsessed with scatological jokes. James Joyce obsessed about fucking the farts out of fanny. Adolph Hitler was a VEGAN (Stanley Kubrick is on record saying "HITLER WAS RIGHT ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING"). Roman Polanski drugged and fucked a 13year old girl.

Now if we go all strictly legal about the charges put on assange, his crimes are alleged rape and leaking shit the US didn't want to be publically known. During the [sooo proggressive] Obama administration a very clear line was set when it came to whistleblowers: OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!1

That had nothing to do with their sexual activities or affiliations (Mannings came out as a transvestite after getting caught), although efforts were made to shift public focus that way. It had everything to do with NATIONAL SECURITY. Or to put it bluntly: The US dont give a shit if Assange rapes swedish party girls, they want his ASS made an EXAMPLE OF for fucking with their INTEL.

WHICH REGARDS ALL OF US

So either, you justify that beheading by admitting that YOU DONT BELIEVE WE SHOULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE UP TO

OR

You hide behind ad hominems ALA AssAnge
(Aug 04, 2021, 18:03 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: So either, you justify that beheading by admitting that YOU DONT BELIEVE WE SHOULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE UP TO

OR

You hide behind ad hominems ALA AssAnge

OR neither one.  False dichotomy.

As your post acknowledges, people can be rather complicated and lead messy lives.  This is particularly true of rampant narcissists like AssAnge.

Also, I didn't say or imply anything concerning the allegations of rape or animal abuse.  In my view, he would still be a dickhead if those allegations were completely untrue.  My point was simply that he isn't The Great Hero that so many take him to be.  As I already said, not exactly a popular view around here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  French Court rules that refusing to disclose a mobile passcode is a criminal offence Resurgence 0 5,404 Nov 11, 2022, 13:49 pm
Last Post: Resurgence
  Assange makes final appeal against US extradition Resurgence 0 7,372 Jul 03, 2022, 01:37 am
  Assange strip searched and moved to bare cell on day extradition announced Resurgence 4 7,126 Jun 28, 2022, 21:16 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  US: DMCA can't be used to sidestep First Amendment, court rules Resurgence 0 5,809 Jun 24, 2022, 00:45 am
  Mexico's president to offer Assange sanctuary, calls for charges to be dropped Resurgence 1 6,442 Jun 23, 2022, 08:04 am
Last Post: CaptButler