EA Strongly Hints That Mass Effect Games Will Get Remastered
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-prov...00-6442698 Wrote:Electronic Arts has, to date, avoided entering the game-remastering business, even speaking out against the practice. That may change going forward, and it could potentially start with remasters of the Mass Effect games.

EA Studios boss Patrick Soderlund spoke about the subject with Game Informer at Gamescom. Asked if anything has changed for EA in terms of making remasters, such as one of the Mass Effect trilogy, Soderlund said, "What's changed is that there is proof in the market that people want it, maybe more than there was when we spoke [in 2015]. There were some that did it before, but I think there is even more clear evidence that this is something that people really want."

Game Informer also mentioned Activision, which initially avoided remastering games but has begun to produce them more recently (with mixed results).

"The honest answer is that we are absolutely actively looking at it," Soderlund said of remasters. "I can't announce anything today, but you can expect us most likely to follow our fellow partners in Activision and other companies that have done this successfully."

Soderlund noted the importance of "choosing the right brands for the right reasons at the right time." He added, "A remaster is something that you can just do or do it really well. I want to make sure that if we were to do it, we would do it really well and that people feel that it's the same game but it feels so much better in this new shape and form."

This is by no means a confirmation of a Mass Effect remaster (or any other specific project). It is, however, quite the about-face for the publisher.

While BioWare's Aaryn Flynn asked fans what they'd want from such a remaster in 2014, EA made it clear last year that it wasn't a priority. Soderlund admitted at the time that EA looked at the possibility but decided that "it's about weighing where we spend our resources. Is it better for them to be working on a completely new IP, which you know BioWare is, or should they be remastering a Mass Effect?"

Later in 2015, EA's Peter Moore took this further, describing the company as one "that just likes to push forward," adding that remastering games "feels like pushing stuff out because you've run out of ideas."

The next original Mass Effect game, Mass Effect: Andromeda, is slated for release between January and March of 2017.

More great gaming news !
Okay..so This Milking..wait no..I mean "Remastering" of a success series kind of thing expected to have some "values" for the gamers end...right?
please tell me it's on the gaming experience of whole new amazing levels of Graphics, Story lines and Game plays that NOT have to came in the form of FUCKING DLC's!!!...that's need us to FUCKING PAID MOAR!!!!
Remasters tend to have all original DLC content included when they come out.
Im thrilled by this news, because i loved Homeworld 2, Baldurs Gate series and Nexus the Jupiter Incident's remasters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Cracked Games yusufarslan05 2 1,219 Feb 16, 2024, 10:35 am
Last Post: yusufarslan05
  The new Ubisoft+ and getting gamers comfortable with not owning their games!? lustrous 7 2,354 Feb 04, 2024, 16:36 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Your favorite racing games theSEMAR 39 97,876 Nov 07, 2023, 18:21 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Managing Games on a Modded PS4 RobertX 3 4,611 Oct 16, 2023, 07:18 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Magnet links to the latest (full) MAME ROM sets / and CHDs (disc-based games) Fant0men 0 4,371 Sep 11, 2023, 15:12 pm
Last Post: Fant0men