Donald Trump fucked
(Nov 07, 2020, 21:04 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: This might be all good for all the people who hated Trump and wanted him gone and I'm sure that there's many people out there who are celebrating this now but this isn't good for the UK.  The UK might have stood a better chance before but now with this Biden guy in it looks very bleak. 
. . .
I'm sure that everybody will enjoy celebrating the whole scenario now he is gone but politically don't see any of that working in my opinion.

I think you are vastly overestimating the possibility that BoJo could have gotten a good deal out of Trump had Trump won.  How good such a deal would have been would have been determined in direct proportion to the amount of baksheesh on offer to Trump and his crime family.  While that's all par for the course in Trump World, I am given to understand that in the UK that would be a criminal offense (Shock!  Horror!).
(Nov 08, 2020, 15:28 pm)CaptButler Wrote:
(Nov 07, 2020, 21:04 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: This might be all good for all the people who hated Trump and wanted him gone and I'm sure that there's many people out there who are celebrating this now but this isn't good for the UK.  The UK might have stood a better chance before but now with this Biden guy in it looks very bleak. 
. . .
I'm sure that everybody will enjoy celebrating the whole scenario now he is gone but politically don't see any of that working in my opinion.

I think you are vastly overestimating the possibility that BoJo could have gotten a good deal out of Trump had Trump won.  How good such a deal would have been would have been determined in direct proportion to the amount of baksheesh on offer to Trump and his crime family.  While that's all par for the course in Trump World, I am given to understand that in the UK that would be a criminal offense (Shock!  Horror!).

Well I'm just saying that due to all the circumstances and bearing in mind of what's happened recently in the UK, things would have been better under a Trump run government.  Now that Biden has got in, I just don't see a great future ahead.  Probably the worst situation is that of the one we are in now.  People seem to think that Biden getting in was better a bit like Obama but what did he ever do in government?  Exactly he did nothing really just wasted his time in office.  I personally believe that Trump did more more recently.  Boris would have stood a better chance of doing trade deals with Trump.  Obviously we have the American people to thank for this now.  Biden to me just doesn't look like somebody who knows what he's doing, doesn't know how to strike a trade deal with the UK, not really a good mind in business in general.  I fear now for the current situation.  I know you don't agree like many others but that's just the whole problem now.
I saw the thread title and expected to see a list of photos of women he pegged while he was married to any of his three wives.
(Nov 07, 2020, 21:04 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: This might be all good for all the people who hated Trump and wanted him gone and I'm sure that there's many people out there who are celebrating this now but this isn't good for the UK.  The UK might have stood a better chance before but now with this Biden guy in it looks very bleak.  I personally don't see much of a trade deal happening with Biden so it looks like the UK is going to suffer even worse.

If Boris' strategy for UKs economy stands and falls with who wins the US presidential election, that would make him a pretty irresponsible prime minister. If he has made it clear that his strategy for UKs economy was betting on Trump all along, that would make the British people look pretty stupid for electing him. I mean, It's not like your common Brit has any democratic say in who gets to be president of the US and A. That would be voter fraud.
(Nov 09, 2020, 00:16 am)ill88eagle Wrote:
(Nov 07, 2020, 21:04 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: This might be all good for all the people who hated Trump and wanted him gone and I'm sure that there's many people out there who are celebrating this now but this isn't good for the UK.  The UK might have stood a better chance before but now with this Biden guy in it looks very bleak.  I personally don't see much of a trade deal happening with Biden so it looks like the UK is going to suffer even worse.

If Boris' strategy for UKs economy stands and falls with who wins the US presidential election, that would make him a pretty irresponsible prime minister. If he has made it clear that his strategy for UKs economy was betting on Trump all along, that would make the British people look pretty stupid for electing him. I mean, It's not like your common Brit has any democratic say in who gets to be president of the US and A. That would be voter fraud.

The UK election was last year not this year.  I don't see how that has anything to do with it.  Just sounds like you're trying to jump through hoops looking for some kind of excuse as to why you don't agree.
(Nov 08, 2020, 17:26 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Biden to me just doesn't look like somebody who knows what he's doing, doesn't know how to strike a trade deal with the UK, not really a good mind in business in general.

Sounds like a far more accurate description of Trump, with his five business bankruptcies, than of Biden, who has nearly 50 years of experience in electoral politics.  Also, just because the US and UK are close allies does not mean that it is the US President's job to come rushing to the rescue of Britannia every time she scores an own goal (like Suez, for instance -- Ike wasn't having it).  Certainly, the Canadians don't expect this of the US -- they can and do own up to their own mistakes.
I expect that one or more of Trump's lawsuits will end up reaching the Supreme Court, which will either refuse to hear them or explicitly reject his claims. Depending on the outcome of the Senate races in Georgia, we can either expect a Republican senate to either proceed with a "refuse to hear any Democrat legislation (if they win)", or with a filibuster everything approach, largely attempting to halt any legislative works for the duration that they are able to.

Trump's legal flailings and Twitter tantrums, while massively feeding my schadenfreude boner, will ultimately fail.
donald trump gets annihilated 2020
It will be interesting to see which of Trump's character traits will win out in the coming weeks and months -- his monstrous NPD-fueled egomania (attempting to maintain total control over the GOPs despite his electoral loss), or his deep-seated fear of exposure and humiliation (widely posted pics/video of him doing the perp walk--perhaps several such walks).  It is increasingly clear the only way he can avoid the worst effects of the later is by self-exile.  A self pardon is not unlikely to be held unconstitutional and does not apply to state law crimes anyway.  He bears total responsibility for putting himself in this terrible situation from which no slush fund or bankruptcy court can save him.  Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy.
I love how Biden's supporters are bringing the country back together again and unifying all the citizens. Let the healing begin!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump agrees to shut down his charity politux 4 15,551 Dec 19, 2018, 19:14 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Feckless cunts of the Trump administration workerbee 12 27,379 Aug 06, 2018, 03:45 am
Last Post: contrail
  Does anyone have the balls to support Trump at this point? politux 28 47,609 Feb 21, 2018, 15:00 pm
Last Post: Mr.Masami
  Extreme Protest and Donald Trump workerbee 7 22,345 Jan 15, 2018, 05:58 am
Last Post: contrail
  We need to talk about Trump lidlnelly 17 34,158 Nov 30, 2017, 00:13 am
Last Post: Philidor