Does TPB also receive request/order/message to remove any torrent by copyright owner?
Yesterday I had a general chat with one of the SMod of KAT & I asked him about the removal of torrents upon the requests of Copyright owners and, I'm posting what he said (in his own words)

Quote:...But KAT is eager to comply with DMCA. That's why we don't get bothered by the Feds as much.

And, I was quite satisfied with his answer as well. Coz, It may be possible that their servers would be in US or something (where DMCA is fatal) & they don't want to mess with them. After All, in all activities I believe only one rule works i.e. "Protect your Ass first."

But as far as it concern to TPB, I believe we here contribute for a message of free speech & free sharing. And, as kjf said

Quote:TPB does not acknowledge copyright, so why would it ever remove a torrent based on that?

I believe it's a supreme act of contribution to MUST follow the message & keep it's value by any means.

And, NIK wrote:

Quote:So you tell us in, say, 2 months time, whether we've removed your torrents.

And, Sir, I think I trust (or started to) TPB more than Google about the Content & it's presence. Because when a message & hard work of lots to people involves then sudden motivation for ignoring them comes itself. Tongue

And, gcjm

I think that's a reason, Why TPB lives so long & manage to survive (& succeed) all those stormy years. And, Why we see everywhere people recites "Long Live TPB" All the time. Smile
Well on last month alone i got 25 torrents got taken down by DMCA from KAT and 12 from ET. All 25 torrents still safe on TPB at the time i post this reply and almost all of the copyright owner of that torrent already in banned list for uploader on two of my private trackers that i currently upload due to excessive infringement Letters they got from them.
As far as i know, legit torrent on tpb are never get deleted due to DMCA Big Grin

[Image: 50fc92c2a2d493b50274e5c7ab0547b990181058.jpg]

[Image: ef7f3b1f952144343a0ff6cebd797288d8195617.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like any celebrities? Ladyanne3 10 980 Mar 05, 2024, 13:04 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  Any working YouTube downloader? stevenjones 14 23,296 Mar 03, 2024, 16:40 pm
Last Post: LZA
  Peter Sunde / Brokep recent interview "No one does tech for good " ProxyDuck 7 1,605 Jan 29, 2024, 19:34 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Best Place To Get 4K Movies? Also, Best Practices? How? TedDekker 5 1,968 Jan 05, 2024, 19:28 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Anyone have any experience installing a xenforo forum? Ladyanne3 1 4,419 Jun 30, 2023, 03:50 am
Last Post: snx