Do you write a diary / Journal?
To be honest, I would just use a pen and paper to write memoirs.
There are several reasons for me to not use pen and paper:
  • my handwriting is aweful
  • a book is not as private as password protected files on a storage device
  • if you write a lot, you need a lot of books, that require space to be stored
  • a digital diary allows you to embed images, audio and exact locations (incl. map) easily
  • need to find a specific (old) entry? Searching by tags works digital only 
  • navigating through days, weeks, months, years and decades is not as easy on paper
  • need the diary to be accessable everywhere? Use a cloud service
I stand corrected.
Well, I enjoy the traditional way; good pen, paper, and quiet time... making mistakes, starting over... And pictures can be included (taped) to the pages, too!

Ok, it's much easier to manage an electronic diary, but handwriting is part of the mythical art of storytelling, isn't it? Sure, Google maps are handy, but even modern pirates can't do a treasure hunt without scrolls! Unless we're hunting for your secrets; in that case, hacking into your PC would make things easier Wink
I write in cursive using my own "bullet journal" system with a fountain pen in a book.

Buy a fountain pen and you will be surprised how writing by hand will feel so good! Lamy is a good and cheap brand of those pens.
Look up "bullet journal" it's a great system for journal+diary.

For privacy you can do "mirror writing", or use a "Shorthand" system. Barley anyone can read that and you can use your own style and then it will even be hard for someone who knows such system to read it.
Shorthand is also extremly fast, which is fun and practical. If you are good at it you can write at the same speed as someone is speaking without any loss of information.

Using shorthand will make your text look like a magic scroll. Wink 
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg][Image: Melin-shorthand-system-example.png][Image: Arends-shorthand-system-example.png]
[Image: transcribe-gregg-shorthand-notes-into-english.jpg]
[Image: annivgrgg1+%2528small%2529.gif][Image: pr-v.gif][Image: 195px-Melins-stenografi-konsonanter.svg.png][Image: 386px-Melins-stenografi-konsonantsammans...ar.svg.png][Image: qHkZs8sU3JMTtQ8tlrRQBCrrwSvKfAlKhRKNLk16...LqPWUTpRvU] <Melin system
It looks impossible but it only takes a few hours and you can write in the system.
After a few weeks you are totally fluent.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An application that allows you to watch or listen while you stream Nine 1 11,415 May 03, 2016, 22:38 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  bittorrent write to disk error zeitgeistman 6 21,436 Mar 07, 2014, 00:23 am
Last Post: SectorVector